Starting a business : Which bank ?

Hello to all business owners and entrepreneurs in Taiwan,
I am curious to know which bank you are using and why ?
Or according to what you know now, which one you would use.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

We’re at E-Sun/玉山. Main reason is, that my wife’s family has their accounts there and the Lady there knew us.
Another reason is, that they support PayPal.
Their customer service is great and until now we could solve any problems that occured. Even a loan was no big Problem.
However your mileage may vary. In Taiwan it depends not so much in the bank as on the people working there.

Edit: No matter which Bank you choose, it never hurts to have some local to introduce you to the bank.

I tend to like them as well. But for long term security, I prefer Taiwan bank. Might not be super well justified to some but private banks seem beyond corrupt and not that stable and/or able…international banking I ha e had more ease with e.sun though.

Agreed.

Company requires us to have Taishin, but most of my banking is done with Cathay where I have connections. Applying and getting credit cards just requires extra paperwork, not extra beneficiaries and jumping through hoops of fire with sharks with laser beams circling the 1 cube meter sized platform in which you land on.