Starting a food manufacturing business on TW

I am sick and tired of the non existent food safety here (by far the worst in the world) so i was thinking of starting a food business that basically makes it all happen, getting all the safest and best ingredients and what not and basically doing whats going on now but done safely and properly. I would be doing it all to German food standards which are by far the highest (or in the top 3) in the world and am wondering what others think the overall outcome will likely be.

To my understanding is that alot of people dont trust the locals to do the right thing so if a white foreigner opens up a food business that goes nation wide then people will likely trust buying their products more especially if the products are made to German standards since Germany is the most developed country in world.

Im surprised no other foreigners have thought of doing this, unless there is a reason not to.

1 Like

“white foreigner” you say

2 Likes

i always had the feeling in asia white people were always seen as “oh hes white so he will be good blah blah blah”.

In the end we need food thats safe.

2 Likes

Seriously though, I think the locals actually like the flavor of leaving rotting meat out to hang in the sun for several hours. Fresh, safe food might be a tough sell!

4 Likes

u by any chance dont have pics of that, lol

I don’t even know if it’s possible to reach german standards here. And if the higher production costs make the product unable to compete with the others.
What do you want to produce?

basically everything that people here would eat, but just have it done hygienically. At very least done to first world standards, doesn’t have to be german standards but would be ideal.

I would be willing to buy your food if it’s not overpriced. And I’m agreeing on the necessity for higher food safety standards.

Do you want to provide the ingredients or finished meals?

1 Like

bit of both i guess. Just an idea im thinking of atm but am seriously thinking of it

how hard is it to register a food business like this do u think.

I take it Taiwan’s the only country you’ve been to?

5 Likes

been to lots, and taiwan is at least up there with china and hong kong

You think Taiwan and Hong Kong are comparable to China?

:rofl:

2 Likes

the main problem is the poisonous ingredients.

For example…

well china is improving alot nowadays

well when u look up “taiwan food scandals” then there is heaps of stuff about this this and that being used and what not.

The obvious reason is that you will be totally unable to compete on price. Sure, quality comes at a price, but finding the customers who are willing to pay AND still feel they get value for money will be difficult.

1 Like

Hong Kong food safety is worse than most first tier Chinese cities nowadays. Taiwan is better than both but still not great.

Type in ‘country name’ food scandal and you’ll get a big list of food scandals in every country.

What’s an example you have seen personally?

1 Like