Starting a school

I’ve worked legally as an English teacher in Taiwan for three years, but I’m going to lose my work permit because I’m not a native speaker. I have plans to start a bushiban with two partners. My Taiwanese partner told me that to start a school in Taiwan you need a permanent residence visa (which I don’t have), but someone else on this forum suggested to start the school as a foreign investment so I can be my own boss. I don

My friend has a school in Taipei in his name, he has an ARC through marriage, don’t know if this was any factor in getting the license. I am sure he doesn’t have a permanent visa.