Starting tomorrow, it will rain for a month

Speculating on possible activities for today and tomorrow, I was told to do any outdoor stuff today as tomorrow it will start to rain and not stop for a month.

Due to a healthy distrust of such sweeping generalisations, I set about trying to find evidence for this statement.

First stop Taiwan Weather Bureau. Yep, rain for forseeable future.
Then I googled weather, climate, Taiwan and found a website listing the 24 yearly stages of weather. Based on ancient agricultural Chinese stuff, it seems almost applicable to Taiwan’s climate. So we have:

Beginning of Spring - 5 Feb
Rain and Flood - 19 Feb
Insects Stir - 5 March

and on and on to around now:

Grain Sprouting Rain - 20 April
Beginning of Summer - 5 May
Little Grain Filling (?) - 21 May

and on to:

Minor Heat - 7 July
Major Heat - 23 July

Probably due to the differences between lunar and solar calendar and slightly diff location of Taiwan to China, it seems the Grain Sprouting Rains or Mei Yu (Plum Rains) are a little late.

Can weather be that orderly that an actual event such as the Plum Rains can be accurately dated?
And, specifically to Taiwan, does the weather ever noticeably change and stay changed on a particular day? Can that date be known or predicted in advance?

Take no notice of all that stuff. It only rains when I want to go out.

DM do me a favour and stay in tomorrow will ya?

I want to go hiking…

Cheers

L :smiley:

Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. We’ll just have to wait and see.

You probably don’t get it.

“Starting tomorrow, it will rain for a month”

Yeah, right!
That’s exactly what I heard a month ago, and I can recall at least 2 rainless days since then, including today.
Huh!

I think a typhoon is coming. It’s shiverin’ me timbers. Arrrrr.

[quote=“wipt”]Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. We’ll just have to wait and see.

You probably don’t get it.[/quote]

If it rains, I’ll go to the park. If it’s nice out, I’ll stay home and masturbate.

Starting tomorrow, yet another prediction for the future will be proven wrong.

40 degrees in the shade and not a cloud in the sky in Bitan today.

There was thunder and light rain in Mucha this morning. It was also blazing hot.

Please oh please rain…please oh please don’t get any hotter than today. I almost died today already. But what kept me going was it’s supposed to rain for the next month! It does get cooler when it rains…doesn’t it? :pray: :pray: :pray:

:newbie:

Actually, the rain is as warm as a shower. And the humidity goes thru the roof.

And it’s gonna get worse.

Welcome to the tropics.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

914, you an Englisman? We’re the ones that are supposed to complain about the weather!

Wait 'til July. I just adore the hot weather, am I :loco: or what?

Who else loves it hot?

L :smiley:

Nothing an ice-cold lager can’t fix.
:sunglasses:

Walk around in the nude, have two or three showers a day, and drink plenty of h20. The heat hasn’t bothered me yet.

As your avatar suggests you are a wookie… don’t you walk around in the nude anyway?

[quote]914, you an Englisman? We’re the ones that are supposed to complain about the weather!

Wait 'til July. I just adore the hot weather, am I You’re loco… or what?

Who else loves it hot?
[/quote]

I love it hot. The hotter the better.

I bearly sweat in this heat too, so it’s great.

Limey, I stayed in today and the weather was great. You owe me a beer. :smiley:

Part of that is new to me, as a teacher, I mean, but I’ll soon add it to the curriculum. Maybe :bravo:

Tomorrow will be cooler by 3 degrees and thunderstorms. If you look on Big Fluffy’s weather page, there will be a red x over Taipei.