I just unplugged everything on my computer and moved it, then when I set it up again, I kept getting small elctric shocks, like static, every time I touched anything metallic: the back of the computer, the end of the leads (unplugged), etc.

Is it me? Or is it my computer? Is it dangerous to either of us? And what can I do about it?

Many thanks for helping out this computer idiot. :blush:

That’s because there’s no earth. Try wearing shoes.

You might want to have a look at THIS thread, Stray Dog…

[url]Why does my computer always deliver a mild electric shock?

Oops! I did a search, but it just came up with millions of posts about ‘static IP’, whatever that is. :blush: