Stationary Bikes (Home Excercise)

Does anyone have any new leads on where to buy a reasonably priced stationary bike? I’m still looking.

I found one at a second hand store. 2000NT. Had it two years with no problems and it does the job.

That’s what I need; but I don’t know of any 2nd hand stores around here. I’m on the east side of Taipei btw. I guess I’ll keep checking the Forumosafieds.

The place I found mine is in shi jr. You live in dong hu?It’s about 5-10 mins from there.
I don’t know the name of the road. It’s near Lotus hill.
One leaving Lotus hill, at the bottom of the road (at the lights opposite the 7-11) you turn right. Carry on til you hit a Happy Marian school on your right. The second hand store is just past there on your right.
Well it was the last time I was around there about a year ago.
They had a few bikes there when I bought mine.

Cool, I’ll check it out, thanks!
:slight_smile:

Found that place today; unfortunately, they now only sell furniture, and will close soon when their current stock is gone. So, the search for a good 2nd-hand stationary exercise bike continues.

For future searchs, see also this thread.

RTMart has two models on sale, for under $4k, and another just over $4k. I bought the latter today… we’ll see how it goes. :smiley:

Well, assembly took well over an hour because some of the parts refused to fit together. I had to do some bending and grinding of metal parts to fix the problem, and also had to rig an impromptu sleeve between two tubes which had unbelievably bad fit. I can definitely recommend AGAINST buying a “Huei Yeh” brand exercise bike (which is all RTMart sells) unless you’re willing and able to go through the same kinds of problems – minor for someone with shop experience and tools, major for someone who needs it all to work smoothly the first time.

But after all that, it seems to work well, and it didn’t cost much. :smiley:

You certainly put a lot of effort into finding it. Have you used it yet? :smiley:

Yup, almost every day! :slight_smile:

Dragonbones are you still using the bike? I am thinking of getting one too as weather, time, etc, prevent me from going out as often as I’d like to exercise these days.

Any other leads on cheap stationary bikes?

I bought an exgym equipment bike through Yahoo TW for 5600nt.

It’s great. It was cheap. I went and checked it out before buying it to see if it was in reasonable order. It was over 100,000 NT new.

Yeah, I used it just yesterday. I’m not using it every day anymore – summer heat and laziness take their toll, ya know… but sometimes we use it about every other day, when it’s not so damned hot. At other times it sits idle for up to a week or so. :idunno:

I’ve got one collecting rust on my balcony. It’s a cheap Carrefour model that someone gave to me. I really hate stationary bikes, especially the ones that use a belt for resistance. This one is fine witha little TLC and rethread the screw that holds the belt thing in place. Can be moved on a scooter if you are creative enough.

I would use it but I find the local gym and the treadmills are more to my liking.

Free. If no one wants it I’m leaving it on the street.

I have a LifeCycle recumbent exercise bike for sale. The same kind used in California gyms. It’s made in the US and is very durable. I’ve hardly used it due to a back injury. Bought it for 35 K but am willing to part with it for 25. PM me if you’re interested.