Staying in US after divorce (Can anyone can help me out?)

with your degree, can you get a job at a school teaching Chinese?

Yeah, My BA is in Chinese literature from National Taiwan Unive. However, I don’t have a teacher’s certificate/ licence.

What about at a private college/vocational school or private high school?

Yeah, My BA is in Chinese literature from National Taiwan Unive. However, I don’t have a teacher’s certificate/ licence.[/quote]

Apply to a school in the US where you can obtain such a certificate… get an F-1 (student) visa… graduate… get a job for a year under practical training… try to turn that into an H-1 (work visa) for 3 years (extendable for another 3 years)… and finally try to get a school to petition on your behalf for permanent residency.

Otherwise, do all of the above, but also fall in love with a US citizen and get married and have your US citizen spouse petition on your behalf for permanent residency.

Yeah, My BA is in Chinese literature from National Taiwan Unive. However, I don’t have a teacher’s certificate/ licence.[/quote]

Apply to a school in the US where you can obtain such a certificate… get an F-1 (student) visa… graduate… get a job for a year under practical training… try to turn that into an H-1 (work visa) for 3 years (extendable for another 3 years)… and finally try to get a school to petition on your behalf for permanent residency.

Otherwise, do all of the above, but also fall in love with a US citizen and get married and have your US citizen spouse petition on your behalf for permanent residency.[/quote]

Gotcha!
thanks!

Otherwise, do all of the above, but also fall in love with a US citizen and get married and have your US citizen spouse petition on your behalf for permanent residency.[/quote]

Gotcha!
thanks![/quote]

Yep… fall in love real fast too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gotcha!
thanks![/quote]

Yep… fall in love real fast too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

comfortably numb,

If I can find a man who loves my kids and me I will fall in love. However, I think I won’t fall in love fast…

Anyway, thanks all.

Steal trying to find a way back to the states…

Yep Coala you in an unfriendly world.

You’ll have to see if you can get some sort of legal temporary stay and work towards some form of permanent residency. However I would start to make tracks towards at least extending any current legal temporarty visa.

Don’t overstay any visa if at all possible. Perhaps you might be able to get an employment visa but I have no knowledge of US visa laws so can’t help there.

Was your divorce made in the USA and do you have sole custody of the kids???

I wish you the best for your endeavours… however you may have to face the fact that returning to Taiwan is the best thing. Or it may not be. Remember that many long term foreigners now raise their children in Taiwan even though they hold foreign citizenship. It’s not the worst place to grow up and as you’re kid’s are already US Nationals they can live in the ROC on ARC’s and not do military service.

[quote=“comfortably numb”]Yep Coala you in an unfriendly world.

You’ll have to see if you can get some sort of legal temporary stay and work towards some form of permanent residency. However I would start to make tracks towards at least extending any current legal temporarty visa.

Don’t overstay any visa if at all possible. Perhaps you might be able to get an employment visa but I have no knowledge of US visa laws so can’t help there.

Was your divorce made in the USA and do you have sole custody of the kids???

I wish you the best for your endeavours… however you may have to face the fact that returning to Taiwan is the best thing. Or it may not be. Remember that many long term foreigners now raise their children in Taiwan even though they hold foreign citizenship. It’s not the worst place to grow up and as you’re kid’s are already US Nationals they can live in the ROC on ARC’s and not do military service.[/quote]

comfortably numb,
Thanks for the advice.

yes and nope. my divorce is made in Taiwan and I have sole custody of the kids.

My kids now do live in Taiwan on ARC’s. However, they don’t have ladnguages advantages in Taiwan. What I mean is that if they grow up in Taiwan they won’t be naturely bilingual because the only language they learn will be chinese around them. Although they can learn English through schools.

when they are at the age of 20 they gonna have the problem of staying in Taiwan and if they decide to return the USA how can they survive in the states when their english is not good and then they are not familiar with the place.

therefore, I am thinking to take them back to the states. They will get advantages of both cultures. I never say Taiwan is not good place. I plan to raise them in both countries. That’s why I am seeking a way to get legal status in order to stay in the states.

I am pretty sure a good 1/2 of the moms here are dying to raise their kids in the states. Your kids are lucky enough to have the ability to go there on their own eventually. Which is more than most people here have. As far as raising them with English ability, why don’t you speak English in the home? If you are worried about them only speaking Chinese, use English as a primary language at home. Of course, you would need to study English a bit more for that to work out, but it would work if you worked on it.
I agree that if your family says bad things to the kids, you should avoid them. Maybe you should try to find another single mother to get a place with and you can help each other with your kids.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I am pretty sure a good 1/2 of the moms here are dying to raise their kids in the states. Your kids are lucky enough to have the ability to go there on their own eventually. Which is more than most people here have. As far as raising them with English ability, why don’t you speak English in the home? If you are worried about them only speaking Chinese, use English as a primary language at home. Of course, you would need to study English a bit more for that to work out, but it would work if you worked on it.
I agree that if your family says bad things to the kids, you should avoid them. Maybe you should try to find another single mother to get a place with and you can help each other with your kids.[/quote]

I try to speak English at home; however, my kids spend a lot time outside at Nanny’s and school because I have to work. Hence, it won’t work as I expect.

At 20 they can stay with an APRC. They can change from dependent visa to permanent resident visa nowadays. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

comfortably numb,
Thanks!
I believe God will guide me a road to raise my two boys and give us a way to live.