std testing, anonymous and treatment

Hello everyone,

I have heard rumors from friends that if a foreigner here tests positive for an std (syph, chlam, gonnorhea even, not just HIV?) that we can get deported. Does anyone know if that is true??

I’m really freaked out as I’m starting to have symptoms and I’m worried I might have one and really want to get tested/treated for it. And I really dont want to have to book a flight to Hong Kong to do so.

Does anyone know of any clinics in Taipei (that are preferably open on weekend nights, if not no biggie though) that I can get tested and would also offer me treatment if I tested positive. . . without having to give my ID?

I tried using the search bar but there are a lot of posts from many years ago. I saw one regarding a guy named Brian in Banqiao but I’m not sure if her offers treatment as well or only the testing?

Thank you so much

What kind of symptoms do you have, you sure its not just urinary infection which is quite common and can easily be confused with a STD.

1 Like

Umm. I’m fairly certain theres a strong possibility of std.

Some risky behavior recently, pain, discharge, a lot of it… more by the day. . . .

I’m honestly not really looking for an assessment of it here just more wondering if anyone knows where I can go to receive the treatment anonymously. (Totally freaked out about getting deported).

Deportation for a positive HIV test ended in 2015, so you don’t need to worry about that.

1 Like

You won’t be deported for the clap. Go and see a urologist.

3 Likes

here http://www.cdc.gov.tw/downloadfile.aspx?fid=4038DECB593D45BC
also here http://www.cdc.gov.tw/downloadfile.aspx?fid=1FEDC82C8EFFD796,

source : 首頁.-衛生福利部疾病管制署

1 Like

As said before, you won’t get deported over something like that, and apparently not even for AIDS anymore.

If you want to take an anonymous test, you can go to the gay area, there’s a shop on the second floor that has AIDs, gonorrhea and or chlamydia an dunno what else.

FYI, there are some coccus that are very similar, and you could have an urinary infection from something that is not traditionally classified as STD’s.

Listen to @the_bear, when it comes to STD’s he’s the man.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: From anonymous

What did just happen? the OP is going to miss some important information…

If they find out you have an STD here, the police arrest you, frog-march you in front of the media’s cameras, and announce it to the whole island.

If we could keep this thread right next to “For the love of a Taiwanese woman” that’d be cool…:whistle:

What are you insinuating? I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman.

It’s amazing how that sentence could change with a different emphasis. Here are some further options available.

I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman.

I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman.

3 Likes

Um…none of the above?

Oh, and another option: I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman.

How about “I never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman” ?

Right. Don’t worry about being anonymous.

“I never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman”

I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman another possibilty

1 Like

I’ve never caught an STD from a Taiwanese woman!

Either, I missed it, or you forgot this one.

1 Like

Now all you English teachers out there know what topic will inspire a lively discussion of grammar in class. Glad to be of help.