Steak burger on the news

Did I miss the part where we found out if the meat is ground or not? If it isn’t, it’s got to be really tough to eat between the meat and the ciabatta.

No we haven’t. Dragonbones, you, I, and some others I’m sure are still wondering about that. Also, I haven’t heard the name of the restaurant. Or is this something someone put together themselves? If so, it is going to DB’s forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone has more than the cryptic/vague details already posted please post them.

I’ll bet if it was served as something like a meze many might be jumping for it.

Is this it? It looks very tasty to me.

I have a question for the chef, how come you are promoting the idea of USDA steak…do you have funding from the American beef lobby? It’s a bit of a coincidence…
I can see TV programs all over Taiwan at the moment about steak…

Okay, Charlie Jack posted these three links in the Temped part of this thread. Apparently he’s found the hotel (Hotel One) and chef (Nicholas Pena Alvarez) and pics of this steak sandwich for us at last:

member.nownews.com/video/index.p … =0&avStxt=
taichung.hotelone.com.tw/chinese … ews?id=473

[quote]台中亞緻飯店獨家推出頂級牛排漢堡,外籍主廚Nicholas Pena-Alvarez展現其巧思創意,特別選用穀物飼養的頂級牛排、法國進口鴨肝、特調黑松露美乃滋、大量鮮脆蔬菜及帕馬森起士麵包做出高12公分的頂級牛排漢堡。

台中亞緻外籍主廚Nicholas Pena-Alvarez表示,當時會想做出這麼特別的漢堡,是來自於對食材的熱愛,他認為漢堡這項餐點不論是對台灣人或外國人來說都是非常熟悉且喜愛的料理,他非常喜愛牛排,也非常喜愛漢堡,就想為何不能將兩道餐點結合在一起。

全新漢堡以整塊6盎司的Prime等級之菲力牛排作為主角,其油脂呈美麗的霜狀分佈,味道、質地均屬上乘,向來是饕家們趨之若鶩的頂級美味,僅以海鹽及胡椒調味,並用爐烤方式烤至三至四分熟將鮮甜肉汁完全封存。

上面在放上以快火香煎成金黃色的法國進口鴨肝,再鋪上現刨黑松露片、白松露油、酥炸鮮洋蔥圈、鮮脆生菜與番茄,而採用的漢堡麵包是以帕馬森起士作成,起士香味隨著麵包出爐而香氣四溢,麵包上面再抹上特製黑松露美乃滋。每份1,400元。[/quote]

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Okay, Charlie Jack posted these three links in the Temped part of this thread. Apparently he’s found the hotel (Hotel One) and chef (Nicholas Pena Alvarez) and pics of this steak sandwich for us at last:

taichung.hotelone.com.tw/chinese … ews?id=473[/quote]

NOT ground. Interesting. It’s a steak in a bun, not a hamburger after all. I’m surprised. I was sure it must be a burger. To me that makes even less sense. Even if it’s vastly overpriced, at least it makes sense to put a burger in a bun, but a steak? A good steak? I’d rather eat the bread on the side.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Okay, Charlie Jack posted these three links in the Temped part of this thread. Apparently he’s found the hotel (Hotel One) and chef (Nicholas Pena Alvarez) and pics of this steak sandwich for us at last:

taichung.hotelone.com.tw/chinese … ews?id=473[/quote]

NOT ground. Interesting. It’s a steak in a bun, not a hamburger after all. I’m surprised. I was sure it must be a burger. To me that makes even less sense. Even if it’s vastly overpriced, at least it makes sense to put a burger in a bun, but a steak? A good steak? I’d rather eat the bread on the side.[/quote]
That’s because you just DON’T love Taiwan enough!
I agree, though. And after seeing it, it is glaringly obvious that it is indeed just a gimmick to attract customers. It’ll probably work, too. People here are suckers for fads, especially the nouveau riche searching for the next daft thing to spend their money on and ignorant enough that they’re unaware they’re actually just buying what is basically yer standard beef Wellington with a less appetizing crust.

I was always taught to salt steak AFTER sealing, to prevent the juices from running, by the way. But then, what do EYE know, being as how I’m not a cook.

Haven’t seen what it looks like, but there may be some miscommunication. If it’s a steak burger then I assume the tenderloin steak is ground - which is fine. I often use fresh ground sirloin steak to make my burgers at home. Delicious. RT-Mart will grind the steak that you buy from them and repackage it, although curiously, Costco refuses to. If it’s just a tenderloin steak on a bun, then it should correctly be called a steak sandwich instead of a steak burger. Either way, pay the price or don’t - everyone’s entitled to their choice. Some people will gladly pay $200NT for a beer at a club, while others would rather pay $31NT for that same beer at 7-11 and drink in in front of the MRT station. Nothing wrong with either.

Who deleted my ‘Le Ji Pai Extradonaire’, step on somebody’s toes did I ?

It is in Temp for OT, not deleted.

It’s a bloody STEAK ROLL, not a burger!

Some people are so pedantic! :stuck_out_tongue:

I had many steak sandwiches (burgers) back in Australia and they where just sometimes chewy, but back in Germany we eat kind of steak burgers as well but its just the steak and a bun and tomato sauce or mustard and no other stuff.

Steak sandwhiches can be very yummy as long as the steak in the sandwhich is high quality meat.

He could add some gold leaf … upping the price to 3,000NT$

i saw last time in the news a restaurant selling a huge burger for 4 people. The bun was black cause they using some ink or so to change the color but the burger itself looked very yummy but I didn’t liked the black color of the bread though. Did anyone see that and know if it was in Taichung or Taipei?

I think they use powdered bamboo charcoal to color the bun … makes it ‘healthier’ and prevents you to get sick from eating spoiled food, as charcoal absorbs poisons …

[quote]Bamboo Charcoal Powder
There seems a craze about this ingredient that is used in baking breads.[/quote]

[quote]Food grade bamboo charcoal is processed by high temperature activation.

It can be mixed with water and taken internally for poisoning, indigestion, and diarrhea, or applied externally in poultices, compresses and baths, for the treatment of infections, pain, and as a general detoxifier.

“A Natural Remedy for Detox and Health.”

Activated bamboo charcoal contains many pores and gaps in its structure, making it excellent for detoxifying the body. It works by electrostatically attracting toxins, drugs, and chemicals. Even free radicals, electromagnetic waves, and radiation are neutralized by activated charcoal.

Activated charcoal can be used in many different detox programs to adsorb the accumulation of toxins and drugs in the body. Research has concluded that the binding up of these toxins in the intestinal tract before they are absorbed or reabsorbed into the system may be one way to live a longer and healthier life.

This activated bamboo charcoal is food grade and can be used for acute and chronic It can be taken internally and externally.

Bamboo Charcoal Suggested Uses
Activated food grade charcoal is used as a detox therapy for cleansing the digestive system. For detox programs the dose can vary from one half teaspoon or tablespoon a day. Also up to three tablespoons a day. Food grade charcoal can be mixed with water and taken between meals or at bedtime. For acute problems it can be taken as needed. One can also make a charcoal paste and poultices for healing and rejuvenating the skin.

Health Benefits of Bamboo Charcoal

1. Detoxifies the body from many harmful toxins and poisons.
  2. Helps the symptoms of acute wounds, bites, stings, apply topically.
  3. Helps the symptoms of acute food and water poisoning.
  4. Helps the symptoms of acute and chronic food allergies.
  5. Detoxifies the body of harmful heavy metals, and chemicals.
  6. Promotes the neutralization of harmful electromagnetic radiation.
  7. Helps to reduce the symptoms of acute and chronic toxic reactions.
  8. Helps to reduce the symptoms of drug overdose and drug side effects.
  9. Prevention of heartburn, acid reflux, intestinal gas and bloating.
  10. Helps neutralize offensive body odors, bad breath, intestinal gas.
  11. Promotes the neutralization of free radicals.
  12. Promotes a healthy digestive tract.
  13. Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails.
  14. Helps to reduce the signs of aging and toxicity.[/quote]

I see, well then maybe I gonna try it, it just didn’t look appetizing at the first glance.

I think they use powdered bamboo charcoal to color the bun … makes it ‘healthier’ and prevents you to get sick from eating spoiled food, as charcoal absorbs poisons …[/quote]

Or would it be squid ink?

oh yes I think I can remember my girlfriend talked about “fish ink” when I asked what it is. In this case it’s not really healthy and looks disgusting :sunglasses: