Steak burger on the news

Squid ink is actually very healthy …

you are right, I should have googled it before.

Really? According to wikipedia it’s mostly ‘melanin and mucus’ … which sounds about as healthy as the contents of a typical Londoner’s nose.

Really? According to wikipedia it’s mostly ‘melanin and mucus’ … which sounds about as healthy as the contents of a typical Londoner’s nose.[/quote]

Is rotten fermented herring, wale and shark taste full … not, but it’s probably healthy … Inuits eat it and have very low cholesterol …

so the black bread doesn’t look nice but it might be healthy - that’s not too bad

One the fancy burgers, here is another one from Palais de Chine Hotel

It’s a Flash based website. Can’t link to this entry directly. So, here is the complete text.

[quote]2011.10.11Le Bar Burger Party of October

Le Bar Burger Party of October
Prime Steak Foie Gras Burger Finally Arrives
In the Burger Party at Le Bar, located at the 6th floor of Palais de Chine Hotel, we update our menu monthly to give you the freshest taste. In this magnificent October, Le Bar presents to you “Prime Steak with Foie Gras Burger,” our most luxurious and the best valued item ever. There are also the seasonal treat—the Deep-fried Soft Crab Po Boy Burger, and the Japanese-style Grilled Teriyaki Burger in our selection of this month. Better yet, you could still order our most popular items from last month: the Landslide Burger, the Volcano Burger, and the Avocado Portobello Veggie Burger.

Chef Recommended:

Prime Steak with Foie Gras Burger NT$1,080

Ingredients: prime steak, duck liver, lettuce, tomato, red-wine onion.
Our chef selects top quality fillet mignon as what we eat at a high-end steak house—thick and juicy with even distribution of fat, then he sautés a generous 60-80 gram, pan-seared duck liver with shredded onion stir-fried in red wine. The combination tastes so tender and juicy, woven with the aroma of red wine and beef—it’s a flavor too extravagant to pass!

• The Steak with Foie Gras Burger is provided with unlimited fries and San Miguel beer.
    NT$1,080 + 10% per person, limited 2 hours, for two people or more.
    Limited 6 orders daily.

Gilled Teriyaki Burger NT $580

Ingredients: teriyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, ketchup, burger steak, onion.
Chef coats top quality burger steak with his own special teriyaki sauce while grilling. The teriyaki sauce is blended with eel bone, chicken bone, dried bonito, maltose, and soy sauce. It’s an amazing mixture of fresh, sweet, and savory flavors with superb fragrance. With ketchup and Japanese mayo, you are about to taste the most stunning burger, Nippon style!

Deep-fried Soft Shell Crab Po boy Burger with Cabbage Slaw NT$580

Ingredients: deep-fried soft shell crab, avocado, cabbage slaw, tomato.
The autumn crab is a must-try in this season! Chef breads and deep-fries the soft shell crab, keeping the meat tender and full of flavor. This burger has crispy outside and juicy inside, accompanied with fresh cabbage, creamy avocado, and crunchy tomato—now, THAT is an unforgettable feast of the year!

Please contact 02-2181-9999 for reservation[/quote]

This is a hotel right across Civil Blvd from Taipei Main Station.

Every month they offer a menu of 6 selections. Price varies for individual selection. Or, you can choose the Burger Party option, which is $680+10%. With unlimited fries and San Miguel Draft on the tap. The Prime Steak with Foie Gras Burger is a special for October only.

I have been there twice. Burgers are decent. Except for the Seafood Burger, it’s too stinky fishy for my taste. Mudslide Burger is a variation of Philadelphia Cheese Steak, which is pretty good. Volcano Burger is also pretty good.

On the negative side, fries too salty and overdosed with spice. On my second visit, I asked for unsalted fries. The first bucket was still the same. After expressing strong dissatisfaction, they finally cut back on salt.

The major factor drawing me of course is the unlimited supply of San Miguel Draft. Apparently, they do keep their kegs in proper storage, tastes much better than what you find in typical bars. The waiter is on constant alert to fill your glass up. The catch is, you only got two hours.

To make it a worthwhile deal, there is a tiny booth like place at the basement of Caesar Park Hotel, close to the MRT entrance. They sell coupon for the Burger Party for two at $1250.

So, NT$2,000 for two and they (try to) kick you out after just 2 hours? For FUCK’S sakes! Civilized dining – Taiwan-style! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Fucking peasants!

No! It’s $2376 for two.

Got to remember this is a 5-star hotel, owned by the Koo family. Their time is precious. Or, you can book a room, and stay all night working on your reconnection.

OK! They don’t really kick you out at two hours mark. You can hang around, just no more refill. The latest reservation you can make is 7:30pm. Probably leave around 10:00pm, with 3000cc to give a slightly light headness. Take the MRT home. Just about the right time to hit the sack. Not bad for a monthly weekday hang out, for $625 each. By the way, this place is outdoor, under a tent. Some may find it romantic, too dark for me.

No! It’s $2376 for two.[/quote]

This is for the “Steak with Foie Gras Burger is provided with unlimited fries and San Miguel beer.
NT$1,080 + 10% per person, limited 2 hours, for two people or more.” Correct?

This is for the “coupon for the Burger Party for two at $1250.” Correct?

It took me a little bit to figure out your prices. :blush:

A 5-star tent? Or more like a night market tent?

definitely worth trying. It’s got quite a nice spicy taste. You should be able to find squid ink bread in one of Taichungs bakeries

No! It’s $2376 for two.[/quote]

This is for the “Steak with Foie Gras Burger is provided with unlimited fries and San Miguel beer.
NT$1,080 + 10% per person, limited 2 hours, for two people or more.” Correct?[/quote]
Correct.

This is for the “coupon for the Burger Party for two at $1250.” Correct?

It took me a little bit to figure out your prices. :blush:[/quote]
Correct again. This is for their “ordinary” burgers, plus “unlimited fries and San Miguel beer”.
Without coupon, the price is $680+10% per head, or $748.

To shell out that kind of money for a meal. It is worth while to do some thinking.

A 5-star tent? Or more like a night market tent?[/quote]
The place is a long strip of balcony, called Le Bar. The seating area has some kind of canvas covering. Blue and red LEDs are all over the ceiling, like stars in the sky.

Here is a blog with two pictures of the area. Click for expanded view.
http://www.tsubasa.com.tw/mt/archives/2011/06/-le-bar.html