Steak in Taiwan. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Everyone has its own problem, there are therapies to address this though since it’s a sin. Please don’t tell me u put ketchup on it at least…

3 Likes

A friend of a friend of a friend had their wedding at Mayfull’s steahouse in Neihu. I heard it’s very good.

I’ve been to Muchoyaki at Mitsubishi A9 and it was pretty good.

1 Like

It’s exactly statements like that that make me scared to go to an upscale restaurant and order two well done steaks. I worry that the chef might spit on our steaks.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

There was a lovely Japanese steak place near me. They tasted great–it was one of those places where you get it on a heated plate to cook yourself. The restaurant was never full.

They switched the menu to the crappier, fatty, bog-standard Taiwan steak because of lack of demand. Now it’s absolutely heaving, despite the steaks tasting … I wouldn’t say like crap. But no different than the other dozens of cheap steak places you get in Taiwan.

I’m assuming people who order steak well-done haven’t read Kitchen Confidential.

2 Likes

Because there aren’t enough rich people here.
Steaks are killing the world anyway. :sweat_smile:

Can you at least compromise and get them medium? :thinking:

1 Like

Still bad, but better than rubber well done. Improvement

Just trying to help @marasan salvage a little self-respect (and keep his steak saliva-free). :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The man has the balls to admit it. He’s due some respect for that, at least.

3 Likes

I said would be an improvement, baby steps!

1 Like

He is honest, a very rare quality nowadays, I salute his honesty.

2 Likes

I try to avoid eating out in Taiwan, especially eating street foods. You really don’t know what they put in the food.

My wife and I hate seeing too much red in our steaks. I think that’s why we have gone to every barbecue place in Taipei (and the one in Hualien) several times.

While we’re at it, I like Pizza Hut thin crust pepperoni pizza. Oh and Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” and one or two songs by the Bee Gees.

3 Likes

Only cause they cant cook outside their ego :innocent:

Sorry, no suggestions because I havent had a really amazing.steak yet here. I am mostly vegetarian but we just celebrated our anniversary recently as.well and had steaks. I spent the money on quality and cooked at home then went on a trip haha.

“Fancy” restaraunts tend to focus on raw, or near so. which for plants I appreciate, but not mammal flesh. I like a chew and a bite. We have gotten food poisoning at Michelin and equivalent restaurants before, so I am not convinced any longer that dishes with a heart beat are better :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At least you two are on the same page. There’s always a silver lining. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wait, what?

1 Like

Only the thin crust pepperoni, and only within 20 minutes of coming out of the oven. Other thin crusts are edible. I wouldn’t consider them good. Their thick crust pizzas are horrible.