Steak

There is one Cafe Onion on Fuxing North Road, South-East side near Nanjing/Fuxing MRT station (around 150-200m South of it).

Cafe Onion in Tienmou is on ZhongShan North Rd., North-West side after the Tienmou West/East Rd. / ZhongShan N. Rd. intersection, just walk up the hill on the West side and you can’t miss it.

Ah, I’ve been there. My brother in law swears by it. Pretty decent place, but they go a bit overboard with the dim lighting. By the way, the cross street is Linsen North Road.

Apparently, a couple of years ago, they spent abhout US$2m on a new sound system - the whole works.

…and then what do they do - they play easy-listening jazz or classical music at a ‘soft’ volume - not really music that needs that sort of sound system…but then again, not my money I suppose… :unamused:

Kobe Steak Kobe Steak Kobe Steak
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I used to love the steaks at ruth chris as well . . . but since they switched over to the new zealand beefs. . . it’s a huge disappointment. Nevertheless, they still have one of the best cheesecakes in Taiwan. As for Lawry’s - the one out here is not nearly as good as the one in the States. I’ve been once and that is enough for me.

BUT, I recently found a restaurant named WICKED euro-asian cuisine in Neihu - they have a killer rib-eye steak! It is definitely the best steak ive had in Taiwan. On top of it all, they have a great appetizer selection . . . very similar to the ones that we would find in California. . .they only use the freshest ingredients . .with NO MSGs! THAT is hard to find in Taiwan.