Stereotypes that get your goat

When I first arrived here I was just too polite to say anything back to these A-hole types, but now when they pipe up with there in-direct Anti-American insults/bs I throw it back at them 10-fold. I’ve learned when you’re such a dick back to them it tends to scare them or something…bottom line is they shut up :smiley:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Well, I don’t have a goat to be gotten, although I do like the milk and cabrito is one of my favorite things to bar-b-q, there are some issues that fit this thread:

1. Ass-hats that automatically ASSume that because a person is a conservative they are automatically:
    a) a Republican mindless robot
    b) un-educated
    c) a fair target for insults and ridicule
    d) unable to fathom the complexities that exist in situations
  1. Ass-hats that automatically ASSume that because a person is an American they automatically:
    a) are gauche
    b) are rich
    c) are a mindless follower of USA politicians
    d) are un-educated about the rest of the planet
    e) are un-caring about the rest of the planet
    f) want everyone to believe the same as them
    g) believe their insults mean Jack-shit to us.

2. Persons who mistake kindness and civility for weakness.

3. People who, for some strange reason, think its ‘cool’ or acceptable to insult “Christians.” Its not and it just makes you look like a adolescent dumb ass. I could also add Jews, Mormons, Greek Orthodox, Buddhists, Taoists and a few other groups to that list. Its their choice of method for expressing their faith in a higher power - understand, accept or STFU about something that is none of your damn business.

4. The fact that I can’t find Old Spice deodorant in my local stores…that pisses me off.

5. People who mistake an insulting quip for an intelligent comment. Does’t piss me off, just makes me wonder, albeit briefly, if they show the same lack of restrint & thought in the rest of their lives.

6. People who abuse animals and/or children.

7. Mosquitoes.

8. Tofu. I do not like it. I may eat it if my wife sneaks it onto my plate, but I don’t like it.

9. Ass-hats who use semantics rather than facts to make their arguments.

10. Passive-agressives…get help…please.

I need a scooter ride outside in the sun…more later.[/quote]

Wow! You sound angry; might not be the best time to be getting on a motor vehicle and driving in lunchtime traffic! :astonished:

You’re over 40?

[quote]TainanCowboy wrote:

1. The fact that I can’t find Old Spice deodorant in my local stores…that pisses me off.

You’re over 40?[/quote]

Second that, I’m telling you for your own good…don’t buy this stuff! This was my Grandpas annual Christmas gift to me. That and thee old soap on the rope.

citizen K - LOL…thanks…it was a bit of a rough morning. My day starts around 0400 and it can be very good or very rough…today…the latter.

tyc00n & PPE - Well, yes I am, but its great stuff. I don’t use ‘anti-perspirant’, I use deordorant and Old Spice is one of the best I’ve found. Surprisingly, its popular witrh a lot of folks here on this board. Can’t find it on the island. although I recently did locate Mennen Speed Stick Deodorant in regular and ‘Fresh Scent.’ So it looks like I’ll be switching to that.

Don’t underestimate the power of Old Spice…trust me on this.

When I broke my foot, the first thing the nurses at the hospital said was “oh you broke it while dancing?” :unamused:

I hate that I am considered to be automatically a good dancer, singer, basketball player and/or a good rapper. When the truth is, I can’t keep a beat, anyone who’s been to KTV with me will tell that everyone always hides the mircophone from me, I can’t play basketball because I smoke, and can’t rap because I suck at trying to figure out how to find something to rhyme with B#$#tch. Go figure, I aint got no soul. :laughing:

I hate hate hate hate a friendly old lady who is really in my point of view a bigot racist old hag looking into the stuff I bought in the supermarket, shaking her head and saying something with waiguoren.

But she is just a friendly old lady says my wife and is just curious what foreigners eat. Yeah, we all eat the same. Only the bloody ham and sweat white bread, from north pole to south pole. We waiguoren.

I stop now before I am ranting, it is 9.20 and I am still in office.

I better eat some ham later I guess.

Bloody foreigners, eh? Tsk.

Tell everyone you’re from Uganda. Always works for me.

[quote=“Miranda”]Bloody foreigners, eh? Tsk.

Tell everyone you’re from Uganda. Always works for me.[/quote]

I tell them I’m from Estonia. Works just as well as Uganda.

[quote=“Notsu”][quote=“Miranda”]Bloody foreigners, eh? Tsk.

Tell everyone you’re from Uganda. Always works for me.[/quote]

I tell them I’m from Estonia. Works just as well as Uganda.[/quote]

I’m working my way through the list of countries on the www.eztravel.com.tw website… :slight_smile:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”] I don’t use ‘anti-perspirant’, I use deordorant and Old Spice is one of the best I’ve found. Surprisingly, its popular witrh a lot of folks here on this board. Can’t find it on the island. although I recently did locate Mennen Speed Stick Deodorant in regular and ‘Fresh Scent.’ So it looks like I’ll be switching to that.

Don’t underestimate the power of Old Spice…trust me on this.[/quote]

Hands Tailung in the Breeze centre. Fu Shing South rd. Can’t remember what floor.

It’s Old Spice High Endurance. Not an anti-persperant. Great stuff.

Old Spice and Mennen just make me stick later in the day. Powdered ones like Band take the cake (no pun intended).

I hate stereotypical “Politcally Correct do-gooders” who rant on me for admiting that some stereotypes have some truth to them.

People don’t just make stereotypes up out of thin air…well, not most anyway.

I’m back in Canada, and, well, there’s a stereotype here about how Asians drive.

As in, badly.

I can kinda see where it comes from, and I have to admit that I’m an extra vigilant driver whenever I go here.

Hey, I think I’ll be in Toronto in May. We should meet up at a good pub and down a few pints.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
3. Persons who mistake kindness and civility for weakness.

1. Mosquitoes.

2. Passive-agressives…get help…please.[/quote]

Number 3 is currently the story of Tom’s life.

Number 8 has been forever scarred onto my body.

Number 11 is oh so true.

Goulash, of course.

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
3. Persons who mistake kindness and civility for weakness.

1. Mosquitoes.

2. Passive-agressives…get help…please.[/quote]

Number 3 is currently the story of Tom’s life.

Number 8 has been forever scarred onto my body.

Number 11 is oh so true.[/quote]

Precious.

Do people ever stereotype you as Gollum because you talk about yourself in the third person?

Only the truly great talk about themselves in the third person. I believe Pele is an exponent of the style.

J99l88e77, as an aside, I find you to be weird.

You hurt j99l88e77. Now j99l88e77 must forever be cast from society and speak of himself in the third person.

Precious, precious…