...Sticky Balls?

Where (in Taipei) can I buy sticky balls (by which I mean the kind one can whip out in the classroom w/out being deported)? With the number of kids’ English cram-schools, you’d think they’d be easy to find, but I haven’t had much luck.

Do you mean those cheap rubber/putty like toys, a sticky ball on a long sticky string?

Try your neighborhood stationery shops (the mom-and-pop run stores where you pick up paper, pens, magazines). They’re usually by the register and something like NT10.

I’m guessing she’s talking about the balls covered in little suction cups, no string attached.
Can be found in any night market in those stores that sell cheap plastic toys and other random crap. Like plastic hammers, stickers and and big fuzzy dice.

this might be a stupid question but I’m new to this and every demo I go on they mention they have sticky balls or hammers as props if I need them…

What are you supposed to do with them??

[quote=“sydbristow13”]this might be a stupid question but I’m new to this and every demo I go on they mention they have sticky balls or hammers as props if I need them…

What are you supposed to do with them??[/quote]

Nominated for Classic Post!!! :bravo: :smiley:

[quote=“sydbristow13”]this might be a stupid question but I’m new to this and every demo I go on they mention they have sticky balls or hammers as props if I need them…

What are you supposed to do with them??[/quote]

Lots of games to play with them. Draw two dart boards on whiteboard and let kids throw. Add up points. Can be used to teach numbers, basic commands, comparatives (closer, farther, ect) and so on. Can let students throw after reading or answering a question or whatever.

Bit of fun that can make bushiban teaching more enjoyable and if done right teaches useful language. Often abused by lazy teachers and accomplishes nothing more that getting students not to hate you. :slight_smile: