Still a lot of foreigners in Taipei?

[quote=“Ben”]Stupid question, as I know nothing about teaching English in Taiwan. The extent of my experience is by request deals from friends of friends or coworkers.

I’m wondering how one teaches with zero prep time. Do you just go in to class and talk about whatever is on your mind?[/quote]

No, you get one of the students to lead the class in a game of hangman (oops, hangperson) and spend the first ten minutes of class doing prep.

Yup! Don’t want you following us home to see how we perform with our loved ones. Whenever I see a girl with black hair and Asian features I run for cover…[/quote]

WHAT :shock: I though you like to have audience…I promise that I will be a good girl, I won’t touch anything I am not suppose to…

No, Miaka. I said I liked to have an audience, but’s that just boy talk. People look ridiculous when they’re, you know, and nobody more than me.

But if you really want to see for yourself and you promise not to touch anything…

And who is that guy that just walked in and started talking about teaching english? Wrong forum, dude! This one has been around long enough to turn into the inevitable sad-old-bastard-trying-to-bed-young-nubile kind. You won’t get any sense here now.

[quote=“Ben”]Stupid question, as I know nothing about teaching English in Taiwan. The extent of my experience is by request deals from friends of friends or coworkers.

I’m wondering how one teaches with zero prep time. Do you just go in to class and talk about whatever is on your mind?[/quote]

Prep time dwindles as you gain more experience. You keep teaching the same lessons to a different group of new kids time after time, and eventually you don’t need to prep for a lesson plan you’ve got down pat.