Still trying to decide Taiwan Vs Japan...did you think of Japan also? Are you happy now in Taiwan?

like the above posts have stated, Japan is where it’s at if you want cool, groovy, urban stuff, but I prefer Taiwan, as it’s the most interesting (read wacky and unusual) place I’ve been in Asia. I wasn’t in Japan long enough to really get to know the culture, but when I visited there from Taipei, it felt like I was back home in America–too familiar–for me, if I’m going to live somewhere in Asia, I want it to be different from the place I come from, and Taiwan fills that criteria more so (for me anyways) than Japan.

I love Taiwan. Living in Taiwan is like living in a video game–there’s always something to look at and traffic to dodge so you don

Hobart asked: “I read somewhere that while Taipei was ranked in the top 3 or 5 of the best places for expats to live in Asia, Fukuoka ranked first. Can anyone that has lived there tell me why. I am curious and want to go take a look.”

Fukuoaka aint bad, Hobartville, but remember these mag opinion pols are pure bullshit. they don’t measure anything real. The best place to live in Asia is where your honey is, where your bread is buttered, where you joy is honored, where your love is returned. Fukie aint bad, its got good food and nice air and a cool pleasure quarter where you can get laid nightly, if that’s your bag of tricks, but to truth the tell, don’t believe any these stupid opiniony polls. Someday they will say Sapporo, then they will say Kaohsiung, then they will say Tamshui, then they will say Shanghai. Home is where the hearth is. Where is your hearth, Hobart?

[quote=“formosa”]Hobart asked: “Fukie aint bad, its got good food and nice air and a cool pleasure quarter where you can get laid nightly, if that’s your bag of tricks…”

Pleasure quarter? Sounds interesting! :smiling_imp: Can we get any further explanation what this is like? Anything similar in Taipei?

Ther are only three things you need to bring to Taiwan:

1. Clean Air
  2. Clean Water
  3. Privacy

oh…ok…4:

1. Towels…they are freakin’ expensive here…