Stinky classmate

I thought it was unnecessarily harsh. The problem is seldom with the message. It’s with the way it’s delivered. I don’t think I’d listen to anyone who called me a self-indulgent twat. But maybe that’s just me. Apparently, “kind” has become “too PC” and I’m a bit behind the times. I missed the shift in culture where it’s okay to communicate like an asshole and expect people to listen and agree.

You’re right, Tomas. I guess I just have a low tolerance for inconsiderate jerks. The problem is that people like that aren’t usually open to reason. If they were, they’d consider the results of their actions on others. Jonathan Swift once said that you can’t reason people out of something they weren’t reasoned into. Sometimes, public shaming is the only thing that works (if anything works).

Public shaming is a fairly demented mallet to crack a nut that doesn’t need to be cracked. It’s no big deal if you are uncomfortable for a short period if you can avoid taking this guy’s face and Riverdancing on it. Be a bit nicer, you bloody teenaged girls!

Aren’t you just assuming everyone should have equal tolerances to things that YOU do? Isn’t that a little bit self centered? It doesn’t bother you, so it shouldn’t bother me either? I’m sure there are things that offend you and would cross your line that wouldn’t bother me in the least. No two people are the same.

The fact remains this is a personal decision that everyone involved will handle differently. Some of the group of friends will just tough it out and not say or do anything differently. Some of the friends might politely suggest he attempts better hygiene by suggesting alternative cleaning products. Some others may politely remove themselves from the situation (this is probably what I would do because hygiene is a deal breaker for me) The old, I love you man, but I’m sorry I just can’t be around it anymore. Yet others may overtly ridicule to illicit a response. I don’t think there’s a right and wrong here, it’s a tough situation all around.

At the end of the day, the guy is not a child. If someone chooses the ridicule option and he doesn’t respond well to it, he can choose not to be friends with you anymore.

Completely missed the point in a really strange way. Tolerance doesn’t have 'levels: you are not being ‘tolerant’ if it costs you nothing. That’s just ‘not noticing’.

Are you German, as an unrelated matter of interest?

Hmm, I wonder if it’s possible that he might respond to the frank advice proposed with frank advice of his own, viz. ( :nsfw: )–

–and continue to go soapless. Just wondering.

Yes tolerance does have levels as everybody’s tolerance levels are different. And it’s fine to say it costs YOU nothing but that in no way carries over to the next person who may deem it does cost them something.

No I’m Canadian, and now you’ve peaked my interest on why you would ask such a weird question :popcorn:

Why don’t you and your classmates hold Mr Stinky down and hose him clean, with soap. Then tell him he’ll get the same each time he comes to class still stinky.

People have to HTFU. Do it in winter, with bloody cold water.

[quote=“BrentGolf”]

No I’m Canadian, and now you’ve [color=#FF4000]peaked[/color] my interest on why you would ask such a weird question :popcorn:[/quote]

PIQUED.

[quote=“superking”][quote=“BrentGolf”]

No I’m Canadian, and now you’ve [color=#FF4000]peaked[/color] my interest on why you would ask such a weird question :popcorn:[/quote]

PIQUED.[/quote]
Stop piqueing on him! :no-no:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“superking”][quote=“BrentGolf”]

PIQUED.[/quote]
Stop piqueing on him! :no-no:[/quote]

i’m learning him sumfink

Nah, he’s right : it’s peaked. His interest has merely reached its zenith, and will never be higher. Canadians just can’t concentrate on anything for too long, y’all know.

mai lawd; ewer sew dum. :birthday:

Hmmm. Dumb or dumber: pique one.

dumberer lick a forx.

[quote] PIQUED[/quote].

:blush:

It never get’s old being surrounded by the spelling police in Taiwan.

[quote=“BrentGolf”][quote] PIQUED[/quote].

:blush:

It never get’s old being surrounded by the spelling police in Taiwan.[/quote]

I’m in London.

Yes tolerance does have levels as everybody’s tolerance levels are different. And it’s fine to say it costs YOU nothing but that in no way carries over to the next person who may deem it does cost them something.

No I’m Canadian, and now you’ve peaked my interest on why you would ask such a weird question :popcorn:[/quote]

Because your English is fabulous for a German.

[quote=“BrentGolf”]
“Gets” doesn’t have an apostrophe. :slight_smile:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“BrentGolf”]
“Gets” doesn’t have an apostrophe. :slight_smile:[/quote]

And you are missing a comma.

OP can recommend some pure soaps… http://www.100percentpure.co.uk/Soaps-s/284.htm?gclid=CInJheu28LkCFWfMtAodXTMAVg and body sprays… http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/organic-deodorant-products.aspx?gclid=CPHv44W38LkCFbLHtAod7D4AmA

Luckily, some opinions only metaphorically stink.