Stocks I wish I had bought

Or even nVidia up 100% since mid July. Up almost x10 fold since late 02. Of course dropped before that, so you would be just about equal if you had invested 5yrs ago :astonished:

finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NVDA&t=6m

Apple Computer, up almost 10-fold in the past 3 years. :wall:

chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/5y/a/aapl

Of course, most of that growth is due to the iPod. But now, with the launch of their much heralded new iPhone (which boosted their stock by 10 points, to 97, in the past two days), Steve Jobs has announced Apple will drop Computer from its name and will henceforth be known as Apple, Inc. (in line with their broadening scope of products).

Is it too late to jump on this bandwagon? I think so, but others will surely continue to profit off it (such as my more savvy wife, whoā€™s already raked in bundles off Taiwan companies that manufacture for Apple).

tw.stock.yahoo.com/news_content/ ā€¦ /9mbc.html
I missed many stocks about iPhone ,too.
But I focus on the stocks about Vista.

Perhaps all the hoohaa about Apple potentially damaging sales of Blackberry is really all thatā€¦ hoohaa. Perhaps that dip in shares is perhaps a nice time to buy a company that is an established market leader with a little more bite than the Ipod competitors were.

Remember, the Ipodā€™s target was general consumers in what was previously a geek only field. I think that Blackberryā€™s arena will remain geeky for quite some time.

Dryships, Inc (DRYS): up over 10% yesterday and 737% in the past year.

finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:DRYS

[quote=ā€œMother Theresaā€]Apple Computer, up almost 10-fold in the past 3 years. :wall:

chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/5y/a/aapl

Of course, most of that growth is due to the iPod. But now, with the launch of their much heralded new iPhone (which boosted their stock by 10 points, to 97, in the past two days), Steve Jobs has announced Apple will drop Computer from its name and will henceforth be known as Apple, Inc. (in line with their broadening scope of products).

Is it too late to jump on this bandwagon? I think so, but others will surely continue to profit off it (such as my more savvy wife, whoā€™s already raked in bundles off Taiwan companies that manufacture for Apple).[/quote]

Shit. I posted the above almost one year ago. Hereā€™s what Apple has done since then, bucking the marketā€™s general decline, instead gaining 144% in the past year.

Was that investment a no-brainer even in Jan 2007? I donā€™t know but :wall: :wall:

I remember looking at Apple in Oct 06 when it was about 35USD cuz I had just gotten a iPod and thought it would be a hit longtermā€¦ Then I got nervous and bought something more conservativeā€¦ which still made money, but not over 200%.

gotta laugh about it now.

I bought AAPL at $95 but sold at $145 when it was doing a few weeks of ups and downs. Kinda regret not riding it a bit longer. As they say, hindsight isā€¦ yada yadaā€¦
Oh well, thatā€™s the stock game for you. I still made enough to buy a new bike. I read that investors are giving it a $225 price target. Anyone still think its worth getting in? Or is it ready for a major correction?

Decker Outdoor (DECK)

Never knew about this company, but it makes some of my favorite shoes/sandals (and popular too)

Tevas

Simples

and also Uggs (which I donā€™t haveā€¦ but is very popular with teenage girls).

Makes a lot of sense. The stock has rocketed from 3 bucks to 130 in a few years.

Iā€™m gonna look around my closet for other stuffā€¦

Hi Guys,
Iā€™m sorry to be posting off topics, but i would like the opinion of some seasoned investors about a stock which i will be given as part of a work bonus.
The company is Cyberlink, listed on the Taiwan stock exchange under the reference 5203. Here is a link to access a few details about it (sorry the website does not let me link straight to the stockā€™s page).

How about a gain of
1433% in 4 days!!!

Thatā€™s what Quest Minerals & Mining has done. Of course itā€™s a super-micro stock, presently trading at US $0.01 and I would imagine itā€™s difficult selling ones shares, but still. With a return rate like that, you could invest $10K on Monday and have $143,000 by Friday.

Incidentally, five days ago the stock was trading at $0009/share. All of that is a little too much for me to understand, but it sounds great for the shareholders.

Update: QMNM is
up 425% yesterday
, for a
5 day gain of 6490%!

Not bad.

But itā€™s an OTC, penny stock, which I recognize makes it extremely speculative and quite possibly subject to fraudulent manipulation.

Still, Iā€™m curious: is it possible to buy (and sell) such a stock? How does one do so? How likely is it ones order wonā€™t be placed due to lack counterparts willing to buy/sell? Not that I want to take a chance on this one (if I bought it Iā€™d only dare to hold it for a day), but Iā€™m just curious.

PTEN a nat gas driller is upupup. Go George. Drill drill drill!

Sure you can buy and sell such a stock, just get a brokerage account that allows OTC trading (I could order QMNM it via my E*trade account). See also here.

Buying shouldnā€™t be a problem but selling will be if the stock starts dropping; even you set a stop-loss the actual price might be much lower.

German investors got screwed last year with some penny stocks (also in the mining sector) that were recommended by some self-proclaimed guru. They lost millions in the 3-digit range.
Once the stocks started falling, which is when the owners of the ā€œminesā€ sold their lump of shares with huge profits, everyone panicked and wanted to sell, causing the prices to drop faster and faster. So beware, penny stocks are very risky.