Stop feeding angry posters

Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.
youtube.com/watch?v=h5OZzp7HSKs&NR=1

[quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.
youtube.com/watch?v=h5OZzp7HSKs&NR=1[/quote]

What are you suggesting? Merely that there are wierdos on the 'net, or that we should try to entrap sexual predators on Forumosa by promising some luvvin? :s

I’m not saying lets all be peaceful and share a bong.

I’m saying that certain posters seem to be ‘tapped’ ‘doolally’ ‘barking’ and ignoring them would do them and you and us a favour in the long run.

Matthew, thanks for the doughnut. I wish it to be strawberry jam, with sugar on the outside.

[quote=“Tigerman”]I agree with sandman. If you don’t want to argue, don’t. But, why try to stop others from doing so?

This is only an Internet forum… the stakes aren’t very high, are they?[/quote]Do you think Tom was trying to stop others from arguing? I didn’t read his post that way.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

What are you suggesting? Merely that there are wierdos on the 'net, or that we should try to entrap sexual predators on Forumosa by promising some luvvin? :s[/quote]
What colour of panties do you have on, dear?

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

What are you suggesting? Merely that there are wierdos on the 'net, or that we should try to entrap sexual predators on Forumosa by promising some luvvin? :s[/quote]
What colour of panties do you have on, dear?[/quote]

Actually, none. I’m wearing swimming trunks with those net thingies sown to the inside… :howyoudoin:

Is this the right room for an argument?

[quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

I thought it was gonna be some guy getting in the crotch! I want my money back!

I personally like the angry posters. When they aren’t breaking rules, they are expressing themselves and saying what is their right to say (and they’re sometimes dead on as well). If nothing else, a poster with their knickers in a twist makes this site entertaining.

I say the characters on this site make it “breathe.”

Stimpy wrote: [quote]
I say the characters on this site make it “breathe.”[/quote]

Yeah, I think there is a good mix of the insane and the normal.

Some of the posters might be nutjobs but they’re OUR nutjobs.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

I’m not suggesting anything. All I’m saying is that the internet has been seen as separate from reality, but that people’s lives can definitely be influenced by it, either negatively or positively.

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

I’m not suggesting anything. All I’m saying is that the internet has been seen as separate from reality, but that people’s lives can definitely be influenced by it, either negatively or positively.[/quote]

Good point. Especially if you’re trying to get busy with 13 year olds and Dateline is there waiting for you… :noway:

I think people will start to realise more and more how the internet affects our lives, from banking to loving. It would be interesting to know how many people have met and married someone they met on the internet.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“AAF”]Watch this. It’s only one of thousands.

I’m not suggesting anything. All I’m saying is that the internet has been seen as separate from reality, but that people’s lives can definitely be influenced by it, either negatively or positively.[/quote]

Good point. Especially if you’re trying to get busy with 13 year olds and Dateline is there waiting for you… :noway:

I think people will start to realise more and more how the internet affects our lives, from banking to loving. It would be interesting to know how many people have met and married someone they met on the internet.[/quote]

That’s how my friend got murdered. She worked with me in SA and met an American guy online. They got married and had a daughter. Because she was unhappy in the relationship, she wanted a divorce and to go back to SA. He murdered her and ended up in jail. Their child couldn’t go back to SA because of the laws in the US and was given to the murderer’s mother (her paternal grandmother).

I’m sorry, but, your friend didi not get murdered because of the Internet. She could have met the creep in any way and fell for him and married him, all without the Internet.

There is certainly more to it than that. The US laws simply rquire the courts to do what is in “the best interest of the child”.

In any event, I don’t think any of that poor girl’s story has anything to do with how we interact on this forum.

I’m sorry, but, your friend didi not get murdered because of the Internet. She could have met the creep in any way and fell for him and married him, all without the Internet.

There is certainly more to it than that. The US laws simply rquire the courts to do what is in “the best interest of the child”.

In any event, [color=red]I don’t think any of that poor girl’s story has anything to do with how we interact on this forum.[/color][/quote]

I certainly hope not!

AAF - I’m truly sorry for what happened to your friend.

[quote=“sandman”]
I don’t think people should be encouraged not to argue – how boring that would be![/quote]Indeed! :unamused:

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“sandman”]
I don’t think people should be encouraged not to argue – how boring that would be![/quote]Indeed! :unamused:[/quote]
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? There are ALREADY rules in place regarding discourse, personal attacks, etc. (I consider that eye-roll a personal attack, by the way).
So. No arguing. Fine. I agree with this. Right. I’ll start. Killing dogs slowly and painfully is a lot of fun. No arguing now, bobepine. We agreed. Either agree or don’t respond.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“bobepine”][quote=“sandman”]
I don’t think people should be encouraged not to argue – how boring that would be![/quote]Indeed! :unamused:[/quote]
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? There are ALREADY rules in place regarding discourse, personal attacks, etc. (I consider that eye-roll a personal attack, by the way).
So. No arguing. Fine. I agree with this. Right. I’ll start. Killing dogs slowly and painfully is a lot of fun. No arguing now, bobepine. We agreed. Either agree or don’t respond.[/quote]

Maybe we mean the same thing, but understand the word “argument” differently. Of course it is a good thing to try and convince an errant person of the error of his ways. However, some people are not used to dispassionate discussions and resort to dirty tactics like outing a poster or enquiring about his/her whereabouts.

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“bobepine”][quote=“sandman”]
So. No arguing. Fine. I agree with this. Right. I’ll start. Killing dogs slowly and painfully is a lot of fun. No arguing now, bobepine. We agreed. Either agree or don’t respond.[/quote]

Maybe we mean the same thing, but understand the word “argument” differently. Of course it is a good thing to try and convince an errant person of the error ways. However, some people are not used to dispassionate discussions and resort to dirty tactics like outing a poster or enquiring about his/her whereabouts.[/quote]
In which case you have the squeal function, the option to PM the moderator or admin to complain, etc. Both those “dirty tactics” you cite are clear rule infringements and you should report them.

Bobepine, I was of course being facetious to make a point, by the way. I wish only the best for our canine cohorts.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“bobepine”][quote=“sandman”]
(I consider that eye-roll a personal attack, by the way)[/quote]I completely agree. Seemed like the best way to second your opinion. :wanker:

:wink: