Strange Ad

[quote]ABSOLUTELY THE BEST TEACHERS IN TAIWAN!

We Place the Highest Quality Foreign Teachers in Taiwan

• Only American Teachers
  • All young and fresh college graduates
  • 90% Female Teachers
  • Only people who have chosen teaching as a profession, no backpackers
  • Only from the best colleges in America
  • Only those in America right now, i.e. no bad habits
  • Lifetime of support from our company

If you are interested, contact Jess at info@go2teachenglish.com or call 02.2703.0776 and ask about foreign teacher recruitment.[/quote]

I found the above on the Forumosifieds. Is it me, or does this ad represent everything that is WRONG with the industry and SOME recruiters. Ads like this just give everyone a bad name. ONLY Americans!? 90% female!? And, naturally, they are the most “professional” Company. Embarrassing.

[quote=“Taiwaner”][quote]ABSOLUTELY THE BEST TEACHERS IN TAIWAN!

We Place the Highest Quality Foreign Teachers in Taiwan

• Only American Teachers
  • All young and fresh college graduates
  • 90% Female Teachers
  • Only people who have chosen teaching as a profession, no backpackers
  • Only from the best colleges in America
  • Only those in America right now, i.e. no bad habits
  • Lifetime of support from our company

If you are interested, contact Jess at info@go2teachenglish.com or call 02.2703.0776 and ask about foreign teacher recruitment.[/quote]

I found the above on the Forumosifieds. Is it me, or does this ad represent everything that is WRONG with the industry and SOME recruiters. Ads like this just give everyone a bad name. ONLY Americans!? 90% female!? And, naturally, they are the most “professional” Company. Embarrassing.[/quote]

Oh my…that’s pretty bad.

90% female teachers?..I take it the female teachers aren’t entirely 100% female. :astonished:

Ha, I didn’t think of it that way the first time!

This is the most humourous part of the ad, in my opinion:

[quote]- Only those in America right now, i.e. no bad habits
[/quote]

HA! Have they been to America? They can have pretty bad habits there also!

:unamused:

Fresh?

yum. :smiling_imp:

From the website http://www.go2teachenglish.com

[quote]ABOUT US

Founded in 2005, Go2TeachEnglish was formed in partnership with the oldest, largest and most respected private teachers association in Taiwan. Bound by similar goals of improving the state of English language education in Taiwan and creating a uniform standard of excellence, Go2TeachEnglish works closely with TAEFEE in order to realize these aims. By assisting schools with knowledge and expertise and allowing TAEFEE to provide a conduit for teacher training, Go2TeachEnglish can provide a full service package to both our teachers and the schools that we work with. In this way, Go2TeachEnglish is able to provide a positive experience for teachers and ultimately allow for an overwhelmingly optimistic experience for students and parents alike. [/quote]

TAEFEE? never heard of it. mmm, time for Google

[quote=“jdsmith”]Fresh?

yum. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Dude,

They aren’t 100% female.

I betcha you’re a weirdo. :wink:

Taefee…

I think it’s my evil dyslexic twin.

Oh by the way, “no bad habits” means “don’t know their rights”. Come on people, I thought you knew this game.

[quote=“Taffy”]
Oh by the way, “no bad habits” means “don’t know their rights”. Come on people, I thought you knew this game.[/quote]
Absolutely no other way you can read this. What a bunch of scum. Still their money’s as good as anyone’s I suppose. :unamused:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“jdsmith”]Fresh?

yum. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Dude,

They aren’t 100% female.

I betcha you’re a weirdo. :wink:[/quote]

You know so little about sashimi.

Education is an afterthought in this country.

I have to laugh when I see notices on bulletin boards URGENTLY seeking native speakers. Then qualifying it with must be N American/female/Phd/under 35 or offer a pitiful wage.

Can’t be that urgent.

Let’s see.

They provide the highest quality teachers.

And.

All teachers are young and fresh out of college.

Hmm. Paradox methinks.

I would apply, but I unfortunately am 99.99% female (and a certificate to prove it)…

In other words, I’m too much woman for them to handle. :rainbow:

Man, that is awful.

Fresh out of college = No real world job experience.

Still in their home country = We’re looking for people who have no idea how to get a job abroad and will believe everything we tell you.

Female = We want people we can push around. My apologies to the ladies for this, I don’t mean to say women are more easily mislead than men, but I DO believe that people looking to take advantage of others would be more likely to look for women as targets.

Is it possible to post a warning about stuff like this on places that advertise for teachers? I just don’t respect any agency that would advertise like this and I think if it’s possible to do something to make it harder for them to stay in business, we should.

I completely agree with you trebucket. I think this ad is offensive to anyone teaching English in Taiwan. I think posting this thread on Buxiban.com would be a great place to start.

It’s really just a shame that this kind of ad needs to exist. It makes the entire industry look horrible. It’s embarrassing and harmful to those good schools and good recruiters out there who are trying to do the right thing.

I also would think that any ACTUAL qualified candidate would read an ad like that and realize quickly that they want no part of such an organization.

It’s funny that they reference this “TAEFEE” organization as their sponsor. If it’s a real organization, I would hope they too are embarrassed at being associated with Go2TeachEnglish.com

I applaud this ad. They’re telling it the way it is. 99% if Taiwanese buxibans don’t about teaching English. Most of the laobans can’t even speak English themselves. Making a profit is all they care about, and I’m glad that at least one English school is man enough to admit their real purpose.