Strange and Unexpected Impressions While Traveling Abroad

P.S.
Okay, the point is, they shouldn’t assume others’ nationality or ethnicity, especially when they can’t really tell the difference.
(Unless they have checked others’ passports and know exactly what their nationality and ethnicity is.)
Jesus Christ, the problem is so obvious, yet all of you just want to trivialize it.
They mistake non-Chinese(Japanese and Koreans) for Chinese, and therefore greet Japanese and Koreans with “你好”. That’s inappropriate!
What about they start greeting Indian Sikhs with Arabic language or Islamic etiquette and manners? That’s inappropriate!
What about they start greeting Western people of African descent in African languages? That’s inappropriate!
If it was the Indian Sikhs or Africans who got mistaken for a group of people whom they don’t exactly belong to, will you still want to trivialize it?

Then, can you please explain why they greeted me with “你好”?
They assumed I am a Chinese from China who speaks Mandarin.
It’s just a lucky shot for them, because I happen to speak Mandarin.
What if the person whom they greeted was in fact a Japanese or Korean who speaks no Mandarin?

Are you saying “they” are pretty silly?
If so, that’s what I’m talking about.
Why would they even want to make any assumptions or hypothesis?

Yeah, it’s scorching hot here in Taiwan even in October.

The point?
The point is they shouldn’t assume others’ nationality or ethnicity, especially when they can’t tell the difference.