Strange issue with Yahoo account

For the last seven days, I’ve been locked out of both my Yahoo email and messenger during certain times of the day/evenings.

On day one, I got a new password from Yahoo recovery…It worked for one day and was then locked out again.

On day two, I was able to access during the day, but was locked out once again at night.

The next day (day three) was able to get in…Once.

Day four I called Yahoo’s mail support…They were able to get me in…Once.

Day five called once again. No luck at all.

Day six. Got a new gmail account and asked it to import files from my yahoo account. It does so sporadically.

Last night…Called Yahoo mail support once more. They issued me a one time entry password that I had to change as soon as I got into my account. I did so and was able to access my account.

Today…Locked out once more.

This is really a pain. Any ideas?

:help:

My wife has had this experience this entire weekend. We’re in the process of migrating her address book to Google Gmail.

Sounds like it’s time to punt Yahoo mail :s.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]My wife has had this experience this entire weekend. We’re in the process of migrating her address book to Google Gmail.

Sounds like it’s time to punt Yahoo mail :s.[/quote]

I’ve done the same, and thanks to some tweaking with the help of Maoman last night, I’m able to import my entire inbox over to gmail. It’s a work in progress, but so far has transferred about a gig worth over. Even for a computer idiot like myself, moving your contact list is pretty straightforward.

If your wife needs to get into her account (Note it only worked for a short while for me) then she can call this number:

002-1-866-562-7219 Working hours 6am-6pm PST. Note is not toll-free outside the US.

Sorry to hear she’s having problems, but relieved at the same time to know I’m not the only one.

Me too. I’m glad it’s not my primary email…

Weird.
It is my primary email, and I’ve no problems with it lately.
Knock on wood.

Glad you’re getting things sorted out, MJB.

[quote=“Josefus”]Weird.
It is my primary email, and I’ve no problems with it lately.
Knock on wood.[/quote]Yahoo’s been fine for me too, though I’m @yahoo.co.uk which might make a difference I guess. I’ve got a gmail account but still not using it as my main one. I actually prefer the Yahoo interfaces, especially the beta one which is very slick.

I was about to start a thread asking if others had problems!

I’m done with Yahoo. Many times over a period of about a week is too much. My Gmail account works fine.

Can anyone help on how to import contact lists from Yahoo to Gmail? I know how to get Gmail to send everything to another account but not the other way around.

I’m just glad that there is nothing important work-wise going on at the moment that would require full email access.

[quote=“Shawerma”]I was about to start a thread asking if others had problems!

I’m done with Yahoo. Many times over a period of about a week is too much. My Gmail account works fine.

Can anyone help on how to import contact lists from Yahoo to Gmail? I know how to get Gmail to send everything to another account but not the other way around.

I’m just glad that there is nothing important work-wise going on at the moment that would require full email access.[/quote]

I’d bail out of Yahoo entirely except for one thing…My flickr account. It goes over to yahoo registration on March 15th, and since I can’t access my Yahoo account I can’t change my registration…I’ll lose something in the order of 300photos and all the contacts regarding, plus my flickr name :frowning:

PS: gmail has an excellent tutorial on how to export your Yahoo contact list…In video.

Day 8…Locked out entirely now, even after calling back to their customer service department to get a temp password…Which doesn’t work.

Shit. :fume:

Update: Was able to get in today…Wasted no time cleaning everything relevant out of there, with the suspicion that I’d be locked out once again in the evening.

Sure enough… :loco:

I give up.

My Yahoo account has worked okay this evening. When I first logged on, the normal “remember ID” was replaced by “stay logged on for two weeks unless user logs off,” or something like that. My guess is that we ran into a problem while they were making changes.

I’m still going to make the switch to Gmail that I started in the middle of all this. My experience is that these switches take a long time and are never finished since you still continue to get legitimate email in your old account every now and then, but I’ve been looking for an excuse to get going with Gmail and this gave me one.

Hope everyone else’s Yahoo is working.

Not sure if it was here or where I read it, but apparently Microsoft and Yahoo don’t really give 2 hoots about their free email services and retaining customers. I put up with crappy hotmail & yahoo for years before I made the switch to Gmail. Never looked back. Oh, corporate LANs are quick to block MSN & yahoo. Not so quick with gmail or skype… yet.

Mine has too…Wonder how long it will last.

[quote=“Shawerma”]
I’m still going to make the switch to Gmail that I started in the middle of all this. I’ve been looking for an excuse to get going with Gmail and this gave me one.[/quote]

Ditto.

Edit: Just tried to open my Flickr account…And of course it doesn’t work. :fume:

[quote=“Truant”]Not sure if it was here or where I read it, but apparently Microsoft and Yahoo don’t really give 2 hoots about their free email services and retaining customers.[/quote]I don’t know about Hotmail, but Yahoo definitely put some work into this kind of stuff. As I said, I actually prefer the Yahoo Mail Beta interface to that of Gmail. And I’ve never had any problems of the kind that MJB’s had. Obviously something’s going wrong in his case and they’re being remiss at not sorting things out for him, but in general Yahoo Mail gets justifiably good reactions.

I’ve had problems with 2 of my Yahoo accounts. If you google this, you’ll find that ALOT of people have been having problems with their Yahoo accounts in the past week or so.

I’m almost positive this has something to do with the Flickr merger. The Yahooligans are forcing all Flickr members to merge their accounts with yahoo by 20 MAR. This has likely overloaded yahoo servers, which those dumbasses did not anticipate for whatever reason.

could be issues with flickr usernames Vs yahoo usernames?

Yup, same for me. Very difficult to get into my Flickr account (which I pay for). Fucking Yahoo.