Strange spam. What are they up to?

I’ve been getting some strange spam messages recently. They are in the form of a graphic of a type written page. I set Outlook to ask me before downloading graphics and web pages but, these graphics still get through.

My guess is that each time a graphic is downloaded, they confirm my address.

The messages don’t seem to be selling me anything. They are just badly written essays about certain stock investments. I tried reading it and they almost made no sense to me. So, if they are not selling anything, what are they trying to do to my computer?

Here is the source code when I right clicked on the message:

How can I stop these graphics from being downloaded? They come from many different domains, so I can’t block them by address.

This is my only suggestion:

mailwasher.net/

I haven’t used this program for a couple of years now, but the earlier version was pretty good. You could even take a sneak peek at mail without having it register as opened, then bounce it back to the sender as though your address was not good. Real curiosity-satisfier.

Why are you opening them in the first place? I never open anything unless I recognize who is sending it to me.

How can I stop them from opening? I use MSOutlook. When I click on the message from the message list to delete it, it automatically appears in the preview window below the message list.

If it is the last message to arrive that day, it is already number one on the list and is appearing in the message window anyway.

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”]How can I stop them from opening? I use MSOutlook. When I click on the message from the message list to delete it, it automatically appears in the preview window below the message list.

If it is the last message to arrive that day, it is already number one on the list and is appearing in the message window anyway.[/quote]

Go to “View” and deselect “preview pane”

Right click on message —> “Junk E-mail” —> “Add Sender to Blocked Sender List”