Stressing it out

“Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it” - Lily Tomlin

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” - Philip K. Dick

Stress is your body’s way of saying you haven’t worked enough unpaid overtime. - Scott Adams (Dilbert, 1998)

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown
is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.
- Bertrand Russell

“There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” - Calvin (from Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes)

“Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live.” -Margaret Fuller

“Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an
emergency.”
-Natalie Goldberg, Wild Mind

“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” -Chinese Proverb

“Stress: The confusion created when one’s mind overrides the body’s basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some jerk who desperately deserves it” - Anonymous

Doesn’t this seem like a day in the life in Taiwan? :frowning: :astonished:

Let me see, on Thursday afternoon I have one hour from the end of class at one school to the start of class at another. It’s a twenty-five minute ride between them, and I also have to eat.

I usually make it with five minutes to spare.

Otherwise my life is a succession of leisurely lunches, cosy chats with students, dog-walking, and faffing on the internet - interspersed with occasional bouts of therapeutic yelling at certain teenage individuals. What is this ‘stress’ to which you refer?

Want some Cheesy Poofs?

Nice Stragbasher, definitely I’m :notworthy:

Thanks Richardm, Cheesy Poofs are just what’s missing in my life.

This is the only one that happens everyday. In fact this evening at around midnight on DunHua, two jackasses were riding their scooters on the sidewalk. There were no cars on DunHua but yet they were riding on the sidewalk, causing me and my wife to scurry off to the side to let them pass.

All I could think of was “gun control”, where’s my gun and I’ll control the human vermin that is infesting Taipei. I’m very good at my job when I need to be.