Struggling vegetarian

I’m a sruggling vegetarian. After reading the BEEF NOODLE SOUP thread, I’ve decided to go and get my former favorite meal: nyo ro mien.
I need other vegetarians’ support in crossing over to a full vegetarian diet.

static.flickr.com/9/12750554_5b5341b05b_o.jpg

Rinkals, can you fix that link. It just gets you to the soup pic. I’d be interested in having a look. I’ll search it anyway.

Hi Ironman

I’ve just added a link to the Beef Noodle thread.

A fantastic cookbook for veggies is the Rebar Modern Cookbook. Rebar is a famous veggie restaurant in Victoria, Canada. Fantastic recipes with great ethnic flavours. I’ve been able to get almost all the ingredients I need here in Taipei. Check it out. I mentioned it before and Porcelain Princess bought it and raved.

There is a chain of small veggy restaurants called Zhongyi or something that do decent food including a good bowl of noodles in hongshao broth (the same kind that’s used for beef noodles). Next time I’m going past I’ll try to remember and subsequently post the characters for the name of the restaurants if that’s any use to you.

Please do! I think the broth is what makes it nice.

I know some great veggie stops. We should have a sticky list.

You can get good veggie food at Grandma Nitti’s (but not the burger), Bongos, Carnegie’s, Curria, etc. Sub Zone on Hsing Hseng S. Rd, nr. Heping, do a great veggie sub with fake ham. Great veggie burgers at Bongos, Ruby Tuesday, and Chilli’s. Great noodles at that noodle place on Hsinyi, north side, just east of JianGuo flower market (dan dan sou mien - delish!).

I have to go, but I’ll try and post more later.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]I know some great veggie stops. We should have a sticky list.

You can get good veggie food at Grandma Nitti’s (but not the burger), Bongos, Carnegie’s, Curria, etc. Sub Zone on Hsing Hseng S. Rd, nr. Heping, do a great veggie sub with fake ham. Great veggie burgers at Bongos, Ruby Tuesday, and Chilli’s. Great noodles at that noodle place on Xinyi, north side, just east of Jianguo flower market (dan dan sou mien - delish!).

I have to go, but I’ll try and post more later.[/quote]

I’ll try them when I visit Taipei. I know of one place in three places in Hsinchu.

I was a vegan for 3+ years during college. I went back to meet for about 8+ years until becoming vegetarian. Who knows, maybe I’ll go vegan again.

In Hsinchu, I’m not sure what you can find. There might probably vegetarian buddhist places. Any buffet will have lots of vegetables. Indian is certainly a great option.