Student applying for visa -- lost admission letter

Hi

Can I ask for the visitor visa with purpose to study Chinese in Hong Kong even if I lost my original of admission letter?

It may be better you call to TECO in HK, and ask them.

You think if I’m exempt of 90 days I can come in taiwan without the visa? To study and they will let me pass

Yes, within 90days, you can study Mandarin without a visa.

OP, what country are you from?

Haiti

The safest option is to ask the school to reissue your admission letter and express mail it to you. You might need to pay for shipping, but you won’t get your visa rejected.

Indeed. Th eimportant thing is for them to have the record. The visa office will not go on just on a paper, they will verify, and since you have admission, that is verifiable.

Ok if I get an another original of my admission letter also all the documents they asking for ( plan of study, proof of funds , and ticket reservation) there’s reasons for me to be worried about a rejected visa??

Usually no. But none of us can assure.

Did you contact to the school on the admission letter? How was their reply?

They didn’t yet answer still waiting for them

Here there’s someone who has already study Chinese in taiwan for 90 days? If yes show me the details and your experience

I did this for a while a long time ago. In principle it works fine, though it has some impact on your ARC and health insurance status (you get neither and the counter to become eligible doesn’t start until you get a real visa). I think that’s how it works, but maybe someone with a more rwcent experience can chime in.

Also the chance of getting rejected by immigration at the border is higher for visa-exempt than if you arrive with a visa. (Though there are few cases of rejection in general, at least afaik).

So the best is to asking for the visitor visa