Student goes home wearing only one shoe after punishment

Making posters of Iron Maiden, or those of any other devil-worshipping group, IS evil. An appropriate punishment in this case is spending a week wearing an itchy wool sweater while sitting on a pile of fire ants in purgatory.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]
Making posters of Iron Maiden, or those of any other devil-worshipping group, IS evil. An appropriate punishment in this case is spending a week wearing an itchy wool sweater while sitting on a pile of fire ants in purgatory.[/quote]

Iron Maiden sucks big time but Ozzie rocks!

Blueface, please e-mail this to that kid’s teacher. If she thinks that having the wrong shoes are a huge problem, imagine how well she would get along with Ozzie.

I wonder what Anna Wang will think about this.

I expect she’ll get very cross and slap you all down for having such a foreign sense of humour.

Woe betide you if you let her get her hands on one of your shoes!

I’d say that a couple of minutes of calm, non-censorious advice from the principal, asking the teacher whether, on reflection, she agreed that the punishment was not really warranted, and suggesting that she consider other ways to respond if a similar situation should arise in the future, would cover the matter nicely.

We mustn’t be too hard on teachers. They have an extremely difficult job to do, have to cope with tremendous stress, and can’t be expected to always exercise perfect judgment in every situation.[/quote]

I don’t know, Omni. For someone who would be this harsh on a student who wore the wrong shoes because the right ones were wet – would a few minutes of conversation with the principal do the trick? Remember, according to the story, the kid was not acting up or skipping school, but just wearing the wrong shoes. Couldn’t it simply be that there are many thousands of teachers in Taiwan (all of whom were able to memorize a bunch of stuff and pass a written test) and that some of them, as in any other country, simply suck, and shouldn’t be allowed to look after kids?[/quote]
the kid should immediately attend to a psychologist and get a report for he/she must be suffering from severe lack of self-respect, with a perpetual fear of even wearing wrong color shoes, or to even go out of the house with/without shoes on, and then sue the school/the taiwan education ministry/the taiwan government (three different legal actions), for the pain and suffering and on-going psychological treatment till he/she turns 75!

Incidentally, I looked up the definition of “liberal” in a Random House dictionary. It gave the synonyms for “liberal” as “progressive,” “broad-minded,” “unprejudiced,” “beneficent.” The antonyms it offered: “reactionary” and “intolerant.”

Formosa, what are you getting at, or this one of your glue sniffing-induced rambles (and I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with glue sniffing or rambling, unless you have a teacher that likes to punish kids for wearing dry shoes).

If 60s China was anything like this the Cultural Revolution must have been a blast for kids !

For the ones that had shoes, that is.

There was no school during the Cultural Revolution …