Student in High School zombie terror threat

I thought I post it here because I don’t want to use it necessarily as a base for starting a political discussion, it’s belongs more into the category of “funny news”:

theregister.co.uk/2005/03/08 … ie_threat/

Oh wow, now I have hear it all…those hicks can’t be serious?!

Hmm, I wonder if they found any zombies in his house.

WHere is it in the Patriot Act that zombies are a threat to national security? We already have one in office…

Only in the US. :loco:

:wink:

Seriously though, if the Feds can’t nail him, the grammar cops can.

[quote=“William Poole said and somebody else”] “My story is based on fiction. It’s a fake story. I made it up. I’ve been working on one of my short stories, [and] the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over [color=red]ran[/color] by zombies.”

“It did[color=red]n’t[/color] mention [color=red]nobody[/color] who lives in Clark County, didn’t mention [George Rogers Clark High School], did[color=red]n’t [/color]mention [color=red]no[/color] principal or cops, nothing. Half the people at high school know me. They know I’m not that stupid, that crazy.”[/quote]

I only bring this up because it’s so rare to see Rascal start a thread here in OP, I thought it a fitting tribute to his, until recently, long-cherised signature.

And to be funny.

An army of the dead. What next?

I am always sending out telepathic messages to alien worlds to come pick me up. And if, in their superior wisdom (they’d have to be wiser now, wouldn’t they?) they happen to right a few wrongs before whisking me away (cough, cough
Bush
, cough), oh excuse me, won’t you? Damn smoker’s cough.

Where was I? My aliens can kick Billy Poole’s zombies anytime.

Could I be arrested if I lived in Kentucky?

Well, I think I am going to bring back my old sig due to “popular demand” - you are the 2nd person missing it. Just need one more vote … :smiley:

Not to throw a wet blanket on all the [color=green]G[/color]h[color=darkred]O[/color]u[color=darkblue]L[/color]i[color=green]S[/color]h fun… :laughing:

… but it would appear that the only person who is claiming that “zombies” are part of the picture here is the kid himself.

According to the Student Press Law Center, school officials and law enforcement officers arrested this kid because it looked like he was actually planning an attack on the school. Obviously Columbine and other tragic occurrences in the US has forced authorities to take these kinds of things seriously. Sad but true.

Who knows. Maybe (hopefully) the kid was really just screwing around. That’s probably the case. But I suppose none of us would really be able to have an opinion on it unless we saw the evidence. Certainly the fact that the kid claimed after being arrested that he was just writings stories about “zombies” is no more informative than the version told by the police and school officials.

According to the school’s principal:

http://www.splc.org/newsflash.asp?id=973&year=

:idunno:

Fair enough Hobbes. Shouldn’t make too light of it if indeed this was the case.

Man, I really hate zombies…especially the kind that eats people.

Don

j/k :smiley:

j/k :smiley:[/quote]

Heh. :doh:

Pure coincidence there hsiodogah, trust me.

I actually originally had [color=blue]blue[/color] and [color=red]red [/color], and the only reason I changed it was that I felt blue/green was easier on the eyes. Now that I think about it, though, I suppose blue/red would have unintentionally given my post US Democrat/Republican overtones…

Oh well – I see from your "j/k :smiley: " that you understood I wasn’t making a political point, so I suppose I won’t worry about it. :slight_smile: