Student worth NT$500 million dies 2 hours after same-sex marriage

And make sure you stay away from guns… Because people, especially Putin’s friends, have been known to shoot themselves twice in the back of the head then jump out of a window.

Grieving Hubby & Superwarfarin Suzie would make a fine couple.

5 Likes

We aren’t getting the full story from everybody anyway. Who told the son to get married to the property manager is really the key point. Somebody in the family thought this up along with these property guys. Should be texts and evidence to follow up.

I know of a Vietnamese lady in Miaoli whose elderpy husbands kept dying soon after marriage. And she still had guys chasing her. Watch yer back out there.

3 Likes

It just sounds like an insurance scam. Basically murder for money.

But who is benefiting. The kid just gets married like that without consulting any family? Seems unlikely.

Maybe they promised all kinds of stuff to get him to agree to stuff… And then throws him off a building when he least expect it.

Taiwanese are great at chess moves like this.

Or he could have been extorted.

Wrong move, they should have waited at least a few weeks.

1 Like

Way back when I moved into an apartment building called the “happy Apartments”
I got in the lift with another woman to the top floor where I lived. She woman got out 2 floors below. She walked into her apartment, opened the balcony doors and jumped to her death.

1 Like

I wonder: Is it necessary to label their marriage as “same-sex”? After-all I’ve never heard of a different-sex marriage. Why would there be a need to differentiate here?

3 Likes

As a matter of interest, why is it so important to include "same-sex? in the title? Wouldn’t just “marriage” have been sufficient?
EDIT: @yankeedoodle beat me to it!

4 Likes

Sensational news and crime sells… Can’t have boring news now can we?

It’s it really sensational that gay people are getting married?

2 Likes

Majority of people in Taiwan are against it especially the elderly.

1 Like

As if their opinion matters. The should focus on the end of their lives while youngins try to fix all the shit they :duck:ed up.

2 Likes

Is just a detail, take it as if written by an AI without any prejudice
If the marriage was to a foreigner it would also be a point in the media of a mixed marriage. If the person was much older, it would be a spring-winter marriage headline.

I agree there are some prejudices being introduced into the discussion through these kind of headlines, but I doubt it is on purpose, just trying to make headlines with keywords.
I could be wrong, and I generally do doubt that most people have good intentions (or a lack of bad ones) but in this case, dont blame on evil what you can blame on stupidity/low levels of professionalism

2 Likes

AI impartiality is a fig-leaf

https://wires.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/widm.1356

1 Like

Interesting article. However I didnt say written by AI, but “as if written by AI”. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I meant that the system which produces mass media headlines follows certain rules, including the old adage of “if it bleeds, it leads”, and tends to produce certain kinds of details, including using lots of adjectives to describe things in an attempt to catch interest.

That’s an extreme reaction.

Try not to take it too personally.

4 Likes

It’s relatively new and unusual, which makes it news.

2 Likes