Students who don't recognize the Chinese flag

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Stian”]
The only other culture I can think off with soo litle knowledge about the outside world is US.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, how much US history did you study in high school and college?
[/quote]

I did not go to high school and/or colledge.

Do you really think all countrys are folowing the english/american school model?

We hand drawed maps off US with the names off all the states and there major citys in elementary school.

An yes we had to read about the american civil war when I was 14-15 year old.

Well, I can’t really say a whole lot for the U.S. knowledge of their own country, much less other places, since my brother once had an Honors World Geography teacher who couldn’t distinguish Wyoming from South Dakota, and insisted she was right even when the students pointed out her error. However, I will say that I think it’s partly a function of sheer size and constantly being in the center of the world stage. Unlike Europe where crossing borders is a way of life, in the states unless you live on the Canadian border its expensive (both in time and money) to leave the country. Then you watch the world news, and 1/2 -3/4 of it is centered around stuff that is either happening in the U.S. or was done by the U.S.

Having said that, I still admit Americans really should pay more attention to world history and geography.

:laughing: Well, when I told a classmate I was moving to Mexico, she asked where in Spain that was.

On a minibus in Guangxi, a local asked what province I was from.

And so on.

Definitely not a Taiwanese thing. There are ignorant yokels the world over.