Students with a terrible attitude are ruining my class

Not questioning you. My point was that we sometimes take ourselves to seriously and try to read too much into situations than we should.

I take my teaching seriously enough to establish a few rules, such as when I’m talking, you sit up, shut up and pay attention. If I didn’t establish rules like this, I’d have half the class sleeping and the other half talking to each other in Chinese. Remember, I’m talking about a class of hard-core no-hopers, who are only there because it’s compulsory. They aren’t there because they want to learn English. Heaven forbid. (Don’t worry, I’m getting out of this situation next semester.) So, if you go to sleep in my class, I mark you absent. Simple. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a “good” or “bad” student, or whether you have very good reasons for being tired. Them’s the rules.

At least if you are sleeping in class, you aren’t causing problems.

The teachers?

The teachers?[/quote]
I’ve heard of it happening. You know how it is … after you’ve had a long day in the public school system, then you have to do your evening cram school job. Just give them some busy-work to do, then catch up on a bit of kip. Perfectly understandable. :snore: :snore:

That explains a lot now.
“Teacher is organise spelt with an s or a z?”
:snore:
“thank you”