Study abroad at NTU

Who else here is studying abroad at NTU spring semester?? Or currently studying there right now?

I’ll be doing ICLP next semester.

Hey man,

I’ll be there in September 2010.

I’m leaving in a couple of weeks. Want my stuff? lol

NTU is not abroad. Its right here.

Isn’t it in Chinese Taipei??? That is abroad enough…

Application period closed for this year?

Are you referring to undergraduate or graduate school? I’m interested in graduate programs

i’m referring to their undergrad program, though i will be enrolled in a grad business class.

yes, the application period closed awhile ago for spring semester.

Guys, specify if you are talking about degree or lanbguage programs.

For degree -graduate/undergraduate, their website says:

[quote]The application must arrive by personal delivery or post (remote areas are recommended to use DHL or Fedex service) to the following address by
March 15, 2010. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.

[/quote]
That is for degree programs available for international students, not language.
ciae.ntu.edu.tw/degree/admis … C_00000092

Say, Goose, wanna do the PHD? :wink:

Most graduate schools have late admission dates. For example, NCCU For International Applicants Application packages will be accepted beginning February 22nd, 2010 and end April 15th, 2010.

Language programs open seasonally, no biggie getting a seat.
oia.ntu.edu.tw/degree/admiss … C_00000177

In NCCU, Degree Students get a 10 percent discount on tuition :smiley:
(Please provide Certificate of Enrollment or valid Student ID photocopy)

Thanks - actually, I’m looking at the MPH program at NTU - I’m interested in a PhD later on back in the US. The program seems to say that the application period is open from 7 to 14 Jan. That doesn’t sound right to me.

[quote]報名時間:99年1月7日~99年1月14日
簡章發售地點:臺灣大學正門口入口處之自動販賣機(新生南路與羅斯福路口)

招生相關訊息,以臺灣大學招生簡章為主。詳情請至學程網站查詢。
homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntumphprogram

或致電學程辦公室:02-33668041[/quote]

Thanks - actually, I’m looking at the MPH program at NTU - I’m interested in a PhD later on back in the US. The program seems to say that the application period is open from 7 to 14 Jan. That doesn’t sound right to me.

[quote]報名時間:99年1月7日~99年1月14日
簡章發售地點:臺灣大學正門口入口處之自動販賣機(新生南路與羅斯福路口)

招生相關訊息,以臺灣大學招生簡章為主。詳情請至學程網站查詢。
homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntumphprogram

或致電學程辦公室:02-33668041[/quote][/quote]

Looks like you missed it by a few months: homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntumphprogram/entrance.html

Says to apply online between Oct 12 - 19, 2009 or mail in the app by Oct 20, 2009.

[quote=“lc89”]i’m referring to their undergrad program, though i will be enrolled in a grad business class.

yes, the application period closed awhile ago for spring semester.[/quote]

If you are thinking about going a study-abroad program at NTU for a semester or two, it is best to go through whatever university you’re currently enrolled in overseas. As a matter of fact, unless you’re looking to obtain a degree from NTU you may have to go through your current university so the credits will be transferred correctly.

In those student-exchange type of programs, I believe the quotas and application deadlines are set by each exchange agreement.

[quote=“catfish13”][quote=“lc89”]i’m referring to their undergrad program, though i will be enrolled in a grad business class.

yes, the application period closed awhile ago for spring semester.[/quote]

If you are thinking about going a study-abroad program at NTU for a semester or two, it is best to go through whatever university you’re currently enrolled in overseas. As a matter of fact, unless you’re looking to obtain a degree from NTU you may have to go through your current university so the credits will be transferred correctly.

In those student-exchange type of programs, I believe the quotas and application deadlines are set by each exchange agreement.[/quote]

Hello I am new to this forum.
In regards to this post, “Catfish” is correct. It is best to go through your school, less pain and hassle, and the process is much more streamlined. It is also easier to apply to your domestic school and communicate through them then directly to a school abroad.

I just applied to NTU through my school and hope to be attending this August. So if anyone can give me advice, tips etc please do. I use msn, google talk, and AOL messenger. Let me know and I’ll give me account info out. I am mainly concerned with the basics, food, apartment, bicycle, and part time job. Once I get this down, I’ll worry about anything else later.
Gus

Must be, because it certainly isn’t Taiwan.

Hey! I’ll be attending NTU in September 2010 but just taking language courses at the CLD. Just bought my ticket today =)