Study on a work visa?

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

I plan to study at the Mandarin Training Center. The school qualifies for student visas, but I would like to do some part-time work, teaching, tutoring, housework, whatever to earn extra money. Would it be possible to enter on a work visa for part-time work and study at the MTC at the same time? Do I have any other options?

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but I’ve taught for three years in South Korea. Also, I do hold a passport for an English speaking country.


they don’t care if you study on a work related visa. I did this several years ago. You cannot do the opposite though.

You will need to get a full time job though to get a work related visa but 14 hours/wk is considered full time in English teaching.

Can totally be done. One of my coworkers did this at the MTC. I also study here with a work permit, it’s no probelm at all.

Thanks a lot! You guys put my mind at rest.