Stuff i get in trouble for

Putting my wet towel over a chair back instead of hanging it on the back of the door.
Not keeping the laptop perfectly level when sitting in bed with it. (seriously… does this hurt the laptop???)
Not talking to people I don’t know
Complaining about Taiwan.

Congratulations, Limey and bismarck.

I don’t get in trouble for anything, and I’ve plenty of flaws. My wife is pretty patient and understanding.

[quote=“theposter”]1. go to McD’s, there are 3 parking spaces, side by side. i turn into the second closest to the door. i get yelled at because i didn’t choose the closest one, and THEY’RE ONLY ONE SPACE APART!![/quote]You mean you choose the middle parking space ? Didn’t you consider the other parkers ? Using the middle one would not be tolerated at urinals and I don’t see why it would be tolerated here :wink:

EDIT: deleted because it would have been contradictory to what I said later on in this thread. :smiley:

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Salvatore Armani”]Putting unattended food back into the fridge… where it belongs! And I get grief for that!
She says: Oh I was going to (drink eat/chew the cartilage off) that, and I left it out because it was too (hot cold, fresh, sanitary, nice-smelling whatever)[/quote]

The Taiwanese seem to have something against placing hot foods into the refrigerator - it must be set outside to cool before putting it in the fridge. I don’t get it…[/quote]

Add the English to your list…
Hot food into a refrigerator… Never!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Not enough proof for my wife.

She has to either:
See it on TV “news”
Hear it from her mother
Have 3 of her friends tell her about it

before it is accepted as fact.[/quote]

I’m still at that stage where she pretends to believe me…

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“Salvatore Armani”]Putting unattended food back into the fridge… where it belongs! And I get grief for that!
She says: Oh I was going to (drink eat/chew the cartilage off) that, and I left it out because it was too (hot cold, fresh, sanitary, nice-smelling whatever)[/quote]

The Taiwanese seem to have something against placing hot foods into the refrigerator - it must be set outside to cool before putting it in the fridge. I don’t get it…[/quote]

Add the English to your list…
Hot food into a refrigerator… Never![/quote]

So what’s your excuse? I thought “the blitz” was over.

Its a cold place. Why would I put hot things in there amongst cold things? It sounds perfectly stupid to put a steaming bowl of something in your fridge. Let it cool down, then put it in there.

I still don’t get it. Did you buy the refrigerator to serve you, or do you live to serve the refrigerator?

Depending on what it is, I let things cool before placing them in the fridge. Why would I take a big pot of steaming hot soup and put it in the fridge? It would definitely raise the temp inside.
As for other food, if you put it in while it’s hot, condensation forms and now your food is all soggy or ends up with pools of water on top of it.

[quote=“JMcNeill”]Depending on what it is, I let things cool before placing them in the fridge.
As for other food, if you put it in while it’s hot, condensation forms and now your food is all soggy or ends up with pools of water on top of it.[/quote]

OK, that makes sense.

I still don’t get it. Did you buy the refrigerator to serve you, or do you live to serve the refrigerator?[/quote]

I bought it to keep cool things cool. I didn’t buy it to make hot things cold.

Putting hot things in there spoils the cold things that are already in there.

[quote=“TomHill”]I bought it to keep cool things cool. I didn’t buy it to make hot things cold.

Putting hot things in there spoils the cold things that are already in there.[/quote]

Ouch…pretzel logic. you’re making my head hurt. :s

[quote=“Salvatore Armani”][quote=“TomHill”]I bought it to keep cool things cool. I didn’t buy it to make hot things cold.

Putting hot things in there spoils the cold things that are already in there.[/quote]

Ouch… you’re making my head hurt. :s[/quote]

Don’t put it in the fridge to cool down. Drink some warm milk!

[quote=“TomHill”]I bought it to keep cool things cool. I didn’t buy it to make hot things cold.

It’s this kind of secessionist attitude that makes Taiwan a disgrace in the international community and prevents warm food joining the glorious Cold Motherland.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“TomHill”]I bought it to keep cool things cool. I didn’t buy it to make hot things cold.

It’s this kind of secessionist attitude that makes Taiwan a disgrace in the international community and prevents warm food joining the glorious Cold Motherland.[/quote]

You said it brother man!

I don’t get in trouble because I’m a paragon of husbandly virtue and the wife’s well trained.

I don’t get into trouble either. I moved back to the US over a month ago and we are STILL waiting for the wife’s immigration visa.
Tentative arrival date in the US is March 30th.

This made my evening. Thank you.

Well my mother taught me this law and she’s not Taiwanese at all - she always claimed it made the electric bill go up.