Stupidest restaurant name in Taiwan

King Mary gets my vote. Do they have some geek locked in a closet in Panchao making this stuff up???

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003066631

The Subconscious Restaurant

Hot Gossips

I was going to say that too! :slight_smile:

I really like “The Vagetarian Restaurant” in Neihu.

I’ve always thought Witch House was a bit of an odd name.

Grandma’s Titties

“Subconscious Restaurant” gets my vote too. Vaguely remember being there, once, maybe, not sure. Dunno. Perhaps…

I’ve never been to this place, but I’ve it listed in a Taipei magazine (the bar is in Taichung) – Marihuana People Cafe.

Hey! That’s supposed to be my joke.

My friend is opening a restaurant called “Mondo Taipei”

[quote=“blueface666”]King Mary gets my vote. Do they have some geek locked in a closet in Panchao making this stuff up???
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003066631[/quote]
Poor name choice for sure. However, “King” is often used to represent 金 in brand names here.

Perhaps a more accurate name for 金瑪麗義大利麵 would be Golden Mary’s Pasta or something like that.

On the subject of brand names, in the same issue TT also reports that appliance and electronics maker Sampo Corp. has come out with a “new high-end product line in a bid to compete with first-tier international companies such as Japan-based Sony Corp.”

And what is this new name? Claire.

Didn’t Sampo do any market research? That sounds like a rip-off of the low-end Clarion brand of electronics that Wal-Mart carries. So next time you want to buy a high-end TV, which will you choose? A Sony or a Claire? :slight_smile:

@-bien (a noodle chain that features a photo of President Chen)

Also gets my vote. WTF?

Xinzhu has “The Peano Bar”.[/i]

“Chinese Restaurant” on Dunhwa Nth Rd, funily enough it serves…Chinese food.

Really Good Seafood

Sea You Again Crab

http://www.poagao.org/crab.jpg

[quote=“Poagao”]Really Good Seafood

See You Again Crab[/quote]

I think they use “sea” not “see” in the “sea you again,” at least that’s the case if you’re talking about the restaurant near Da-an Park. I used to go past it on my way to Warner Village.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”][quote=“Poagao”]Really Good Seafood

See You Again Crab[/quote]

I think they use “sea” not “see” in the “sea you again,” at least that’s the case if you’re talking about the restaurant near Da’an Park. I used to go past it on my way to Warner Village.[/quote]

And they’re right. I ate there once and sure enough, I saw the crab again. In liquid form. From both ends.

“Fart Food” in Taoyuan.

Mucha, you got a picture of the sign for that place? If so, post is please!