Subleasing own apartment

How does subleasing (subletting) in Taipei usually works?
Example: I have a 1 year contract with my landlord and want to leave the country for 2 months and sublease my apartment to someone else.
Do I need a written permission from the landlord for that? Or does the landlord even has to sign the contract between me and the subleaser as well?
Does it maybe even make sense to ask the landlord about subleasing before moving in, because some landlords are strictly against it?

Thanks!

yes

Rental Housing Market Development and Regulation Act

Article 9
The lessee cannot sublease the rental housing in whole or in part without prior written consent by the lessor.
The sub-lessor should provide the sub-lessee with the written consent document when signing the sublease and stipulate in the sublease the agreement between the sub-lessor and lessor regarding the lease object, period, and causes of contract termination.
The sub-lessor shall inform the lessor in writing within 30 days of signing subleases.

3 Likes

So the landlord could deny it, even if he said “yes will be ok” when I moved it? Better get a written permission before I move in/or state it in the lease contract itself?

Yes

1 Like