Substitutes in Jiayi?

Hey all!

I need some help finding an ESL substitute for Chiayi City, but theChiayiPlanet hasn’t proved to be so helpful.

I’m offering $1000/hr for 5-6 M-F Dec. 27-31st, but have only got people out of the country responding :frowning:

Any suggestions as to where I can post?

Post in ‘Seeking Substitute Teachers’. The name should be a bit of a giveaway.

Even with just an hour a day I would have thought you’d get someone interested at a thousand an hour (especially down in Jiayi where I’m told a lot of westerners are prepared to teach for a bowl of turkey rice). If it really is US dollars than I’ll catch the HSR down and do it for you.

Is there a Jaiyi message board similar to Kaohsiung living or the Tainan bulletin (yahoo groups)? I think subbing gigs fill quickly for Kaohsiung on KL. Of course one difficulty is that most people that sub don’t know what their schedule will be in a month during a holiday week.

Thanks tomthorne, I dont know how that slipped past me before, because that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! )

As for the currency confusion-its $1000NT /hr! Not US dollars, but still not bad!

Unfortunately, it’s at Lincoln American School… A search on these boards will tell you exactly why no one in Chiayi wants the job.

Unfortunately, it’s at Lincoln American School… A search on these boards will tell you exactly why no one in Jiayi wants the job.[/quote]

Some of our friends took their children out of that school. Definitely not a good place for either students or teachers it seems.

Unfortunately, it’s at Lincoln American School… A search on these boards will tell you exactly why no one in Jiayi wants the job.[/quote]

Eh does it have any affiliation with the Lincoln American School (in Taichung) now known as American School in Taichung? I went there. Shite admin but good teachers.

Eh does it have any affiliation with the Lincoln American School (in Taichung) now known as American School in Taichung? I went there. Shite admin but good teachers.[/quote]

No. Your school in Taichung is an international school for ARC holders. You did an American curriculum not a Taiwan curruculum.

Many local schools in Taiwan just copy names of other schools to make themselves look better.

Eh does it have any affiliation with the Lincoln American School (in Taichung) now known as American School in Taichung? I went there. Shite admin but good teachers.[/quote]

No. Your school in Taichung is an international school for ARC holders. You did an American curriculum not a Taiwan curruculum.

Many local schools in Taiwan just copy names of other schools to make themselves look better.[/quote]

Why do Taiwanese people feel the need name school’s after US presidents. Especially slave owners lol.

edit: yeah 3 big names in Taiwan, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. All slave owners. Well for lincoln his wifes family did so close enough.