Subtle signs of whats to come

This may be true as far as too lazy to write it out, or not enough paint and too lazy or cheapnto get more. Buts the official language on a government program in a most public way when there is huge pressure from an oppressor and it is quite a touchy subject with many pro taiwan folk.

Though this alone isnt a worry for me per se as china has already infiltrated many countries, including taiwan. But with the current political situation, especially the changing dynamic of the south, this seems at least in bad taste.

Playing the long game of getting comfortable slowly. Like that whole frog in hot water theory. Its working wonderfully here, for them :frowning: the sad part is the average joe that is against unification tends to help the unification process via ignoring current events (albiet often small with staggered bigger onces to bump the acceptance level of events) and ostracizing people that stand out.

Its all a very interesting thing to watch from a 3rd person perspective.

Though to be fair this case isnt as bad as others such as arrests in taiqan for flying taiwan flags during chinese visits and those sorts of blatent treason-ish events. But as a government project for public view, seems there should be a pretty standard peocedure in place. Im bit teying to ppint fingers at the guy who walked behind the sprayer so much as the policy and allowance of it. Its no wonder we dont get much recognition and never get taken seriously. Foreign countries can easily justify the “you cant help someone who doeant want it” stance, then all is lost for us here long term.

2 Likes

ćŒș is common in handwritten text and stylized print here in Taiwan, as is ć·.

1 Like

True. Color is used a lot in canada, so are inches, feet and miles. Its metric. But its not the official system of the country. Much like taiwan. If its used by private entities, ok. If its used by the government literally painted in the street it different. Kind if like how the official units of measure in taiwan follow mostly metric (like square meters for land but everyone uses ping, fen and jia most of the time following a conversion when things become official/legal). People have the right to use what they want, but government is supposed to be consistent and follow their rules. I know, harhar, hence why we should hold them to it.

Maybe im wrong and these types of simplified china characters are recognized as the official language of taiwan, if so i appologize. Though i doubt it would be written about if that were the case. I am actually not sure if in fact these are legitimate official characters for taiwan or not.

I understand what you’re saying. But I don’t think it’s political at all in this particular case. I would object if it was. It just seems like a practical thing to sometimes use simplified characters for extremely long characters in certain situations.

There are some characters I just use simplified myself because my hand writing in Chinese sucks and is slow. High stroke characters often become awkwardly large or jumbled because I didn’t leave enough room. It’s not like they’re doing it for 怑。

At this rate, they’re going to start writing 揰 instead of è‡ș! Oh, wait
 :doh:

If you want people to be scared of Japan, you’ll need something more ominous than stray kanji on the road. :2cents:

1 Like

Touche
damnit.

1 Like