Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

I really regret not getting a photo, but the last time I was in Shanghai the baozi joint near my office had all the baozi prices crossed out with the price of each variety having risen 20%. Forumosans are pissed off on Forumosa, but in Egypt, Uruguay, large chunks of Africa and so on, they’re rioting about this. Dr Doom recently said if you can’t buy a farm, then put your money into a decent proxy for primary food production. Right now he’s absolutely right.

HG

Since last year the Doutor (Luoduolun) coffee shops also use plastic instead of the real cheese on their cheese toast… Their toast was the FINEST. Well, the tast is gone now… and so is my being their frequent customer. Subway will also be hard hit for being total cunts like this. I have declared 2008 the “No More Subway” year.

Just raise the price, losers!

Whywhywhy would anyone eat Subway? Not being disingenuous or rude, but… why?

[quote=“Buttercup”]Whywhywhy would anyone eat Subway? Not being disingenuous or rude, but… why?[/quote]You’ve lived in Taiwan; you shouldn’t need to ask.

There are a gazillion yummy things to eat in Taiwan.

Subway sandwiches. Where advertising this food as a diet aid actually makes sense!

Clarification: Last night the wife informed me that the cheese rationing applies to any store that participates in the NT$ 69 six inch sandwich promotion. I had posted above, erroneously, that said rationing applied only to those promotional NT$ 69 sandwiches.

There are a gazillion yummy things to eat in Taiwan.

Subway sandwiches. Where advertising this food as a diet aid actually makes sense![/quote]

You should see the ads in the US. I couldn’t believe it’s been TEN years since that Jerrod guy kept the weight off. :noway: I, mean, can a sista get a an ad for putting the weight on at McDonald’s or sumthin? Damm. :laughing:

So it’s a case of “we’ll give you a NT$69 half-arsed sammich, but if you want something OTHER than that, we’ll ass-rape you on the cheese. This customer beside you is having a cheap promotional sammich and guess what, suckah? YOU’RE paying for the difference, not us!”
What a PLAN! :laughing:

You people don’t complain about something that’s actually an overly processed, glorified and salted milk paste instead of ‘real cheese’ do you?

Why don’t they use real cheese from Holland or Belgium? Belgian and Dutch cows eat grass … well, some do at least …

Why don’t they use real cheese from Holland or Belgium? Belgian and Dutch cows eat grass … well, some do at least …[/quote]

I’m sure most consumers wouldn’t want to pay extra for such cheese. My wife is always complaining about how much I spend on cheese at Jasons in 101. Since a lot of Taiwanese don’t particularly like cheese, I don’t think they would pay extra for imported cheese. Furthermore, I don’t think the majority of them are upset about the cheese reduction at Subway.

Australia makes some damn fine cheeses too, BP. those Kraft Processed Cheddar Cheese Slices (sic) are NOT on that list, though. Actually, i think Devondale in Australia also make those processed cheese slices.

we have a pack in the fridge that’s been there for at least four years now (it’s on my sister-in-law’s shelf, so I daren’t touch it, and anyway, it’s a good experiment) and the ones that haven’t had the seal break and dry out yet look just as good as new.

Australian cows and sheep and goats also eat grass. very few cattle in Australia are fed corn, unlike in the States where the majority of the beef is feed-lot fattened. there are some small farms that raise Wagyu-style beef that do intensive feeding, but by far the majority live free-range most of their life.

Just bring your own and put it on yourself if you can’t do without processed goo … by a pack of 10-20 slices at Wellcome …

Thanks for the info, Tigerman. :slight_smile:

BTW, is there a list of the stores with that promotion, and info on how long it lasts? Some might want to get that special, whereas others might want to avoid those stores. :idunno:

As for me, I should skip the cheeselike stuff just for my diet, ha ha.

[quote=“Erhu”]

Cute! :slight_smile:

This is a quality --not price-- issue for me. Franchises are supposed to maintain a consistent level of quality in all of their locations. …[/quote]

Quality? What quality? The quality of being consistent or the quality of the product …?

I would ask them to remove the one wedge too, and deduct 20 NT$ form my price … whaahahaha

[quote=“urodacus”]Australia makes some damn fine cheeses too, BP. …

…[/quote]

I know … I’ve seen some on travel and food TV and I would like to go on a cheese tour over there sometime in the future … especially Tasmania … I don’t attack Australia or them cheeses … just the processed goo

Thanks for the info, Tigerman. :slight_smile:

BTW, is there a list of the stores with that promotion, and info on how long it lasts? Some might want to get that special, whereas others might want to avoid those stores. :idunno:

As for me, I should skip the cheeselike stuff just for my diet, ha ha.[/quote]

Hahaha, a promotion that could actually result in less sales … genial …

It’s all Africa’s, China’s and India’s fault … they start adding to much meat to their diet … and of the incompetent western governments, speculators, economists and lobbyists … see ‘bio’ fuels … and not thinking through the effects it has on prices of agricultural products …

Yeah, shame on them for trying to eat as “well” as we do. :stuck_out_tongue: