Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

Ok, let’s just say they started again to put more Crap on your sub … :thumbsup:

Being sort of in this business myself, might it just be a bit of a cost cutting excercise? I mean with the very high food cost at the moment, one really has two choices, increase the price to the customer or trim the portions. Logically both do not go down well but might be better than lowering the quality of the ingredients.

hi jlick

thank you for your attention. it was the qingcheng shop near hooters. dont have the receipt in front of me but it was about 10pm on the 15th. ALSO, the place was certainly still doing business as there were customers sitting in the shop. the girls were half cleaning the display/prep case (they had half the tubs out and the rest were still in the case, ie most of the veggies) and while one girl was making the sandwich the other was clumsily removing the parts/buckets which were dripping dirty water into the veggie buckets. not very sanitary i must say.

Yay! So I take it the world cheese price has fallen again as predicted six months ago by the boffins at Subway High Command? If it hasn’t then the whole exercise was rather pointless.

Or have they simply decided to cut costs by getting rid of a pretty useless promotion instead of by reducing the quality of the product? I have an insane number of Subway stamps plastered inside my wallet, bag, underpants, etc. Those things get everywhere except onto the card and back into the mitts of the people who gave them to me.

Given the choice, I’d rather have cheese than sticky stamps. (Except in my underpants.)

I still don’t understand the linkage between the $69 special and the price of cheese. I pay full price for the sandwich I choose, but don’t get the full monty. Anyone who is willing to eat whatever is convenient for Subway gets a discount that appears to be at my expense. And this is because all the Indians in Australia ate the grass and used it to make construction materials that increased demand for plastic, therefore raising the price of cheese, or some similarly confusing logic.

If you would care to employ me as copywriter in future, I would propose an explanation along the following lines: Due to rising food costs, it has become necessary to raise all our prices 10% in line with global trends. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

And I wish people would stop beating up on jlick. It’s not fair to blame him for decisions made by High Command. Also, I contacted him a while ago about a customer service issue and he was right on it straight away. Anyone who has tried to train and manage young Taiwanese people will know that it’s not easy. Compared to certain other branches, jlick’s are exceedingly well run.

I went to grab lunch the other day and the guy said they stopped offering the stamps when you buy a sub. I’m kind of surprised because that was one of the fun prizes to collect when picking up a fresh sandwich.

Anyone else heard about this?

Someone mentioned this to me a few weeks ago. Thought it was just a silly rumor. Subway has been doing stamps for many, many years.

jlick? Any insight?

[quote=“Chris”]jlick? Any insight?[/quote]Yup:
viewtopic.php?p=899276#p899276

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“Chris”]jlick? Any insight?[/quote]Yup:
viewtopic.php?p=899276#p899276[/quote]

Thank you for the link joesax. :slight_smile:

You really don’t rid this part of the forum much do you now :smiley:
I wonder if they still have them in the UK, they did when I left two years ago…
Never mind, it’s not as if it really matters any more, as I’m not going back there :snooty:

I still have 3 stamps from Subway, if someone is short of 3 stamps to get a sub, please let me know, I will gladly give them to someone who can use them. I work near Sogo, so you must come to that area to pick up.

ETA: 10/16 stamps have been claimed.

I had two stamps on one card and took it in to Subway and they gave me a cookie.

I still have a dozen full cards.

Well, you better order a dozen sarnies before the end of the month then, as until then you can still use them, run run run…

Yeah, I don’t know if I can eat all that Subway at once.

Share the wealth then :smiley:

Well I just dusted off my collection (minus the small pile of stamps left over when I ran out of cards). I have 14 cards here. I just have to see if they’re accepted anywhere.

You buying lunch today then? :smiley:

Apparently not. I went to the Subway near Zhonshan Junior High School station, and they wouldn’t take them. So that’s that. :ponder:

Someone should give you something for those. Nice pic!

When I consider that each card represents four foot long subs, that’s a lot of Subway. I think I’ve done my part sponsoring the franchise.