Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

Well, in the Subway thread Jlick said they’re supposed to be good until December 15

[quote]Yes, the Sub Club program is being phased out in Taiwan on September 15 when stamps will stop being issued. You can still use your card until December 15[/quote] viewtopic.php?f=39&t=58147&start=120
Try one of his places, they should take them, unless you threw them away already…

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do. I still have them all, and I found another one (making 15), as well as the small pile of stamps I still have.

Stamps are no longer given out but cards are still redeemable through Dec 15. If you have partially cards some restaurants have some offers to allow you to redeem them. In my restaurants you can use a partially filled card to get 10% discount for each stamp off one regular 6" price (e.g. 4 stamps, 40% off one regular 6" price). There’s a chart next to the cookie case with the full details.

As for the Fuxing North location (near Zhongshan Middle School MRT), they don’t do sub of the day, don’t have a high speed toaster, and do a lot of other strange things. I’m not even sure they did stamps even when the program was still active. You’re better off going to a different location.

Interestingly, the two Subways in Dapingling and Qizhang do their own cards now which they stamp (you don’t have to stick them on yourself). On the downside, they still haven’t returned to two slices of cheese…

Heads up!
Today is the last day to use those Sub Stamps.
I have 2 cards left.

I went to the local Subway yesterday. They had a sign saying they would not feature olives or pickles anymore. I looked at their veggie selection, and they still had olives and pickles, but they were covered up… I asked for the olives and pickles, and the server duly placed them on my sandwich.

What gives? Why hide the olives and pickles?

Why “hide the pickle”? :laughing: :laughing:
I don’t know - sexual gratification?

Olives are my favorite topping. If the olives go, I go.

Agreed, olives and pickles are a must for my fav. spicy Italian sub… Without those I will not be visiting again.

OK, I went there again… seems they will keep the olives and pickles, but they won’t put them on unless you specifically ask for them (…but doesn’t that already apply to all ingredients anyway?) :eh:

The sign said they’re doing this because the olives and pickles are strongly flavored (well no duh… everyone knows that, and that’s probably why they ask for them. And what about the jalapenos?), and will cause a “burden on health” :astonished: (whatever that means).

Anyway, they’re still featuring these two ingredients, and will put them on your sub if you ask for them. Net effect: nothing has changed. So why even bother with this policy?

Sometimes I just don’t understand Taiwanese culture…

Sounds like maybe they won’t put them on if you ask for ‘everything’. (?)

I wonder whether it relates to cost cutting.

You guys are picky. You want the stinking pickle? You got the stinking pickle. Everybody wants their sandwiches differently, that’s why they let you watch them make it and tell them which ones you want and which ones you don’t. The one I go to knows what I want and how I like it.

I have to say that my local is also very accomodating. A new branch only a few months running, but already the laobagnia(s) has/have turned me on to the Southwestern sauce, whereas I used to always go for just mayonaise and salt & pepper. And olives and pickles are in the “everything”, because everything means “everything”. Change is good! Southwest is my new “mayonaise”. :s :laughing:

some locations make me pay an extra 5 ntd for my honey mustard. Others do not…and neither in any other country have I paid for my choice of sauce. I don’t get it, and only a few outlets especially the food court ones do it.

The southwest sauce wasn’t available in one place I went to, or they didn’t get what I was asking for…
It’s by far the best dressing they have, although it doesn’t work with everything.

individual franchisees f*ck up some Subways here (cost down! cost down!). if you don’t like a particular branch, try another, the quality and service is night and day sometimes.

‘Flavored’ … as in salted!

I used to love that sauce, but I killed it for myself having it too often on the subs I like it on. I’ll have to wait a while yet before revisiting the loveliness.

I would say the thing that gets me is that many Subway employees who serve you just assume you want everything. They start just putting everything on before you tell them what you want. It seems the locals are not always aware that you can have a choice of what you want or sometimes they want to get their money’s worth and if you refuse one of the items to put on you are not getting your money’s worth. I immediately tell which items I want because they just start pouring everything on.

Always the opposite for me. No matter which Subway I go to, they always ask if I want everything.

And I’m the same as Mer. Had it too often, so am on a honey mustard phase now. I’ll probably move onto regular mustard soon.