Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

Please congratulate them on my part. I was expecting a mob and was concerned when I turned the corner and saw no spilloff of people out of the store. Could it be the 2X1 ofer was not attractive enough? Nope, actually they had organized so well they were going through the customers like an efficient assembly line. I was in and out in 5 minutes, no wait.

Funny they were asking people how they heard about the offer. Seems they had someone “fishing” -more like dragging- people at the MRT, as even a white haired ama behind me mentioned it. :laughing:

Ok, so what happened to jlick’s Subway by Nanjing MRT?

Moving to the mall across the street. I think he’ll be back up and running in a few weeks, but I’ll let him confirm that.

Ah. Cheers

Yes, we’re in the process of moving into Urban One, the mall just across the street from the previous location. We expect to reopen around 9/12 but due to construction and equipment scheduling we can’t be certain exactly when it will be. We’ll be located on the first floor just at the top of the stairs going down to B1. There’s a “SUBWAY Coming Soon” sign on the wall where we’ll be located if you’re curious to see where we’ll end up. There’s plenty of other things to check out there like Cold Stone Ice Cream, Mister Donut, Starbucks and they also have a nice bakery called Kaori Pan on B1 which makes a great cinnamon bread that’s actually sweet!

Good luck with your new location, Jimmy!

Hi All,

SUBWAY Qingcheng Restaurant opened back up yesterday at our new location in Urban One at 1F #1 Qingcheng Street.

Urban One is located just to your left as you exit MRT Nanjing E. Rd. Station, right across the street from our previous location. Inside Urban One we’re on the first floor towards the back. Just walk behind the escalators and you’ll see us. From the Qingcheng Street entrances find us on your right just past Mister Donut; from the Fuxing Road entrance turn left before the escalators.

As this is a smaller location seating is limited, but you are also welcome to use the food court seating just down the adjacent stairs on B1 (they even have some comfy couches down there). Restrooms are available on 2F and B1.

Looks good. Definitely limited seating: that’s too bad. Downsizing is understandable, given how many people set up camp for hours on end, but still… :frowning: And, no more wifi.

But still, some of the only Subway staff to consistently get the sandwich right the first time. It’s nice that I don’t have to ask three times for enough green pepper to taste; nice that I’m not handed a scrap of bog roll in place of a serviette. Thanks for that.

It’ll be back soon; probably tomorrow. There’s a few odds and ends like this that didn’t get done before opening due to logistical issues, but we should have them all sorted out this week.

Rent in that area is incredibly expensive :astonished:, so it is just not possible to afford a larger location. But there’s plenty of seating in the food court area and it’s close by.

It’s back!

It’s back![/quote]

Now you don’t have a reason for not posting more. :wink:

One is opening near me in Shipai. happy happy

I just heard that it should be opening early next week.

I saw something about subway ending free refills on the soda machine in there. The reasoning was something to the effect of: no one else here has them. Regardless I still walked up to machine after the date listed another time and got my free refill.

Not much confidence In the cleanliness of a restaurant that lets their bathroom look like this for months and months.

20180728_160621

I guess I shouldn’t tell you what I know about some Subway restaurants in Taipei. The problem is that they are controlled from the Singapore office and don’t have a real QC in Taiwan I guess, or at least anyone that cares about it.

Yikes that’s pretty gross.
I go to subway only once a year when I get a craving, it’s too overpriced for what you get and even then they usually skimp on the toppings.

And as someone mentioned in 2011 they quit the refills. I can go to Costco nearby and pay $50 for a hotdog or $99 for the chicken sandwich and refill that cup 3 times … and I do.

I really want a Subway sandwich today

But I keep imagining that the closeness of the people to the preparations and without being cooked has a higher chance of catching any germs they might have.

I have avoided the flu so far.

Costco hotdogs are what I get when I find myself craving “American” grub every once in a while.

The hot dogs are great. Finding a seat at lunch hour not so much :wink: