Sugar substitutes

Yeah I remember reading that your pancreatic insulin secretion is calibrated off the rate of sugar being digested. So the more concentrated the hit, the worse for your body.

Yea I know on the packet of sweet n low it says how it could cause cancer, but they probably gave the rats so much sacchrine that it would kill them if anything from the LD alone. It would be an ultimate sugar bomb if you tried to eat that much.

But there’s also not much that can replace caramelized sugar which is what makes candy taste good.

I’m grave digging this thread to update you on some stuff…

I bought some of these sucralose tablets, you know small 55mg tablets. It took about 20 of them to sweeten a 2 liter bottle of tea (each tablet is supposed to sweeten 1 cup).

I also bought this one:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.52512e8dvSV2PW&id=602054226484&_u=u2023lrtq5ae94

I tested a very small amount of it, no idea how much. The product came with a spoon which I assume dispenses 1 gram of the product per spoonful, and I took only a tiny bit and dropped the powder into a mug half filled (or half empty, depending on your perspective) with water. The thing made the water taste almost like nectar. The thing is advertised to be 280 times as strong as sugar so the 1 gram scoop basically replaces a cup of sugar. Thing only costs about 70 RMB (that’s about 300nt), for a 200g can. Should last me a long time. The stuff is basically concentrated stevia extract.