Suggest a category for the Animals Taiwan Pub Quiz

What should be the 5th round of the Animals Taiwan Pub Quiz?

• sport
  • philosophy, religion and mythology
  • geography
  • famous quotes
  • sex
  • technology

0 voters

Animals Taiwan is having another pub quiz on May 13th. Read about the details here:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … highlight=](PUB QUIZ - MAY 13TH - AnimalsTawian

Once again, I’m writing the questions. This time there will be five rounds with eight questions in each, plus two bonus questions - one which is trickier than usual, and one which will let your team win the point if you can think of more answers than the other teams.

My categories for each round will be, music, film & TV, history, and arts & literature. There’s two popular and fun categories, and two for the learned smartypantses.

And I want a fifth category, to be chosen by you - the people of Forumosa. I’ll put up a poll when I get some suggestions. Here’s some I can think of so far - tell me what you think of these categories.

sports
geography
science
Taiwan
current events
lifestyle/leisure
animals

What else can you think of that would make for a good quiz category?

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Animals Taiwan is having another pub quiz on May 13th. Read about the details here:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … highlight=](PUB QUIZ - MAY 13TH - AnimalsTawian

Once again, I’m writing the questions. This time there will be five rounds with eight questions in each, plus two bonus questions - one which is trickier than usual, and one which will let your team win the point if you can think of more answers than the other teams.

My categories for each round will be, music, film & TV, history, and arts & literature. There’s two popular and fun categories, and two for the learned smartypantses.

And I want a fifth category, to be chosen by you - the people of Forumosa. I’ll put up a poll when I get some suggestions. Here’s some I can think of so far - tell me what you think of these categories.

sports
geography
science
Taiwan
current events
lifestyle/leisure
animals

What else can you think of that would make for a good quiz category?

Brian[/quote]

sports seems the obvious category…preferably with a heavy accent on English football, a history of the All Blacks, and the Wellington rugby team’s double winning season c. 1981!

Not pop music please not pop music…
Not sports not sports not sports… :pray:

Ok, here are some ideas:
entertainment (movies & books, for example)
philosophy
famous quotes (who said…?)
flags
capitals
world currencies
history
words
mythology
religion
sex

Brazilian music to 1980.
The “focus on form” debate in SLA.
The relative merits and drawbacks of various bioimpedance analysis techniques.

Sorry, I can’t think of any others in which I’d have a decent chance! But it sounds like a good quiz anyway. I hope to make it.

Which forumosan said…

random trivia - invite everyone to submit questions

technology/computers - “What happens if you switch the setting on your I/O device from I to O?”

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Not pop music please not pop music…
Not sports not sports not sports… :pray:

Ok, here are some ideas:
philosophy
flags
capitals
world currencies
history
words
mythology
religion
sex[/quote]

sex, ooh yes, now then vicar, that has potential…we could have live demonstrations…guess the position…

the possibilities are overwhelming…

[quote]Ok, here are some ideas:
philosophy
flags
capitals
world currencies
history
words
mythology
religion
sex[/quote]

DB, music is already in, and it’s mostly pop. So are movies, books, and history. Capitals, flags and maybe world currencies would come under geography (in its trivia sense rather than academic sense).

OK, for the poll to come in a few days, I’ll put

sport
philosophy (bit narrow?)
mythology (bit narrow?)
famous quotes (good idea - I like)
geography
religion (or maybe philosophy, mythology and religion could all be banged together in some ‘world views’ uber-category?)
sex

technology
random trivia submitted by forumosans

Keep the ideas and preferences coming. I’ll poll it later in the week.

Brian

I added the poll. Vote away.