Suicide

PITA - caught this thread late, but am extremely worried about you, as I am sure are others. Could you update your situation?

Strikes me f.com should collectively be prepared for calls like this, and have some kind of process/response team in place to catch the ball when they come up. HG’s level-headed and stray dog’s compassionate replies would suggest they are obvious convenors…

[quote=“guangtou”]PITA - caught this thread late, but am extremely worried about you, as I am sure are others. Could you update your situation?

Strikes me f.com should collectively be prepared for calls like this, and have some kind of process/response team in place to catch the ball when they come up. HG’s level-headed and stray dog’s compassionate replies would suggest they are obvious convenors…[/quote]

Oddly enough, I am pretty good at helping out in these things. Many (oh so many on this site) would disagree but there is more to the multi-faceted BroonAle, than meets the eye. After all, I have been living in this part of the world for a long time. I got pissed off and despondent in the past but dealt with it even with a paucity of confidantes.

BroonAngel

When we’re born, we’re given no guarantees. I’ve had 4 very close friends take the easy way out, suicide. Brian and Mike used guns, Mike in the mouth and Brian in the chest, Robbie used a coal burning grill and Mike S. hung himself in a closet.
Brian and Robbie both had clinical depression and weren’t taking their medication. Mike and Mike S. were stressed.
See a medical proffessional, maybe you should be medicated, if not, shit can only get better.
Suicide is a very selfish and weak act.
I wish you the best.

I am sorry that you had to lose your friends to this way Ma Ke. I’m certain that it has left you with a space in your heart for them. But several times there has been this ‘suicide is a very selfish and weak act’ talk here.

This comes across as a judgement upon a person who is probably, no very likely dealing with judgement from people around them or within themselves. Telling someone that their choice is weak isn’t encourging the situation. IMO it compounds the problem. A person who is in this situation needs what has already occured on the board. People reaching out to them, who are willing to listen without judgement and just give them the space to say what they need to say. Not all people are capable of doing that, but if you are willing to do it for someone then it’s one step in a new direction for both of you.

Firstly you don’t have a waist line. Your’re too healthy… Fatten up a bit and look like a mere mortal will ya… :smiley: :smiley:

My older brother committed suicide over a woamn when he was 21. Got boozed up, smoke a few joints, and gassed hisself to death in his car. I was 16 or 17 at the time. Nearly 30 years later I still think of him.

Just made things worse for those left to clean up the mess. I remember my parents saying they wished he’d waited a bit longer cause his insurance policy was less than 12 months old.

Life won’t change at all for ya if you practice self termination.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Ma Ke”]
Suicide is a very selfish and weak act.
[/quote]

I am sorry that you had to lose your friends to this way Ma Ke. I’m certain that it has left you with a space in your heart for them. But several times there has been this ‘suicide is a very selfish and weak act’ talk here.

This comes across as a judgement upon a person who is probably, no very likely dealing with judgement from people around them or within themselves. Telling someone that their choice is weak isn’t encourging the situation. IMO it compounds the problem. A person who is in this situation needs what has already occured on the board. People reaching out to them, who are willing to listen without judgement and just give them the space to say what they need to say. Not all people are capable of doing that, but if you are willing to do it for someone then it’s one step in a new direction for both of you.[/quote]

I’m with Mark on this one. Granted perhaps the OP is “reaching Out”. A huge part of Ma Ke’s post was along the lines of how some people will do themselves in, hurting their friends and family all at one go. People who do this ( cancer {and the like} victims notwithstanding), know they are hurting, and they just don’t care.

It’s almost a crime of passion. And I know. History of friends, family, and friends of fiends in 4 continents. I won’t go into the gory details.

People on the verge, should think twice, not only because life, and drawing breath is beautiful, but because there are people who will miss oneself.

Sometimes people think too much. It’s often much better to have a wank and a drink. And then maybe a smoke.

But that’s only my pattern. I wouldn’t reccomend it to anyone.
And Oh, yeah, pets and kids are like a breath of freash air.

Spawn, or buy a budgie…

Yep thats what my brother did prior to gassing his sorry ass outta existance… :unamused: :unamused: :loco: :loco:

Still you could try singing a nice Queen song written by the everlasting Freddie Mercury

Words and music by Freddie Mercury

A-one two three four one
Yeah

Okay
Don’t do it don’t you try it baby
Don’t do that
Don’t don’t don’t
Don’t do that
You got a good thing going now
Don’t do it don’t do it
Don’t

Don’t try suicide
Nobody’s worth it
Don’t try suicide
Nobody cares
Don’t try suicide
You’re just gonna hate it
Don’t try suicide
Nobody gives a damn

So you think it’s the easy way out?
Think you’re gonna slash your wrists
This time
Baby when you do it all you do is
Get on my tits
Don’t do that try try try baby
Don’t do that

Yep thats what my brother did prior to gassing his sorry ass outta existance… :unamused: :unamused: :loco: :loco:
[/quote]

Sorry to read about your brother.
But please don’t quote me out of context. in my earlier post I also maintained that this was only my pattern, and that I woundn’t recommend it to anyone.
Spare me your facetious emoticons.

If this sort of bickering is going to take place on a thread about suicide, I’m going to jump, and none of you can stop me, if I didn’t live on the first floor, you two would be sorry.
On second thought, tomorrow I’m going to find a place higher up, 10-100 floors high. I need help moving my things, unless the place is already furnished and I want cable TV and I need a land line and a good view and I have a cat, so I need someone to help me look after her after I jump. Maybe my wife and children can help me with that.
Too much of a hassle. Suppose I’ll continue living, I know none of you would help me move.

“It’s already hard enough to be born, to tremble and then disapear. Might as well come out clean and make a good song out of it. Bam balidi lida lidam dam dilididam did dam didamdam”- Plume Latreverse

bobepine

I think since this thread has attracted enough attention it would be a good place to post info or resources for people considering suicide.

I’m not currently in danger of committing suicide, but I’ve been worried about it in the past. Somedays I walk through Taipei and can’t stop myself from wondering if this building would be high enough to jump from, or if that building’s roof is easily accessible, or what happens if I jump in front of the MRT, or how much this method versus that method would hurt. I hate these thoughts, and some days I have a harder time pushing them out of my brain than others. What stops me from action is thinking about how much it would hurt my mother.

But I sure do hate the thoughts. It scares me that one day I could really become irrational enough to act. I think it would be a totally irrational act, but some days its hard to make them go away. When I feel myself sinking I know it’s time to get in touch with friends.

Stop picking on the OP. Turn this thread into something useful.

[quote]I’m not currently in danger of committing suicide, but I’ve been worried about it in the past. Somedays I walk through Taipei and can’t stop myself from wondering if this building would be high enough to jump from, or if that building’s roof is easily accessible, or what happens if I jump in front of the MRT, or how much this method versus that method would hurt. I hate these thoughts, and some days I have a harder time pushing them out of my brain than others. What stops me from action is thinking about how much it would hurt my mother. [/quote]I hear you man…You’ve made the right decision so far. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

bobepine

I think there comes a time in everbody’s life when they ask themselves, what purpose is my existance serving, am I headed in the right direction and who would miss me and how much? It may have something to do with age.
Before I took a job as a flight attendant with NW airlines, I thought I had a fcked up dysfunctional childhood, the stories I heard made me feel like Jerry Mathers/The Beaver. Horrible job, did it for exactly 365 days.
Everybody has sh
t in their closets and some not so good past experiences. It’s the people living a lie who are the most unhappy. Focus on what you have and how lucky you are and what opportunities you have . Don’t focus too much on the bad, and put everything into perspective before taking a wrong step.
PEACE

For anyone who is considering suicide when the Rainbow Is Enuf…Please use the following information to get you thru it.

[b]TianMu Community Center
No25 Lane 290 ZhongShan N Rd. Sec 6
Taipei

02-2836-2134
02-2838-4947
Email. csc@community.com.tw
Internet www.community.com.tw

[color=darkred]Emergency Counseling Numbers
0918789051[/color]
[/b]

For what they’re worth (and it may be a lot) here are a couple of links people suffering with depression might like to look at.

buddhism.kalachakranet.org/depression.html
samaritans.org.hk/

I’m not a buddhist but the first link seems to be fairly strong on the psychology of depression. The second of course is the famous organization the Samaritans, the Hong Kong branch. I don’t know if they have a branch in Taiwan, if not, HK is probably the closest.

I’d only consider one option. Suicide by Trebuchet.

By the time you get the damn thing built and you’ve flung some test objects 500 meters you’ll be over it.

Hope the OP is still around. Have we heard, PM’s to anyone etc?