Super 14 2009

Wow!!What an opening 20 from the big,bad Bulls.They absolutely blew the Blues away.That big b’stard Spies is one hell of an athlete.Based on that one game it would take a brave man to pick a final away from Loftus.Not much for the Blues to take out of the game (outside of a bonus point,what a farce for a team so thoroughly thrashed) except for the performance of the new boy Ranger.The underpowered Saders,missing several key players,defended bravely in going down to the Brumbies in the last minute.Saders really missed McAwe’s ability to slow down opposition ball.Boy that Brumbies 10 was poor and boy was Mortlock cool under pressure.Horrorcanes were very average in beating a gutsy Highlanders team.I feel pity for the fool who sat thru the Tahs v Chiefs game…YAWN.Eventually won by the team who was playing slightly less pants,the Tahs :raspberry: I didnt see any of the other games.Apparently the Force ,Sharks and Stormers had wins.
Big games for round 3:Canes v Saders
Chiefs v Sharks
Stormers v Blues
Think I will wait until Friday before I post any predictions.17 of last years ABs have missed at least one game thru injury this season already.I am starting to think the current top players are playing a bit too much footy.Starting in late Jan (pre season S14 games) and going thru to late November (AI tours).Not much time for the body to recover.
P.S.JimiP how do you think the home series will go in the cricket.As a Kiwi I generally support the Crims in all sports against non-NZ teams…but I take great joy in Punter and his chumps going down to anyone.I never used to rate Capt Smith as anything but a petulant prick who could play a bit.On this last tour downunder he has gone up in my estimation a hell of alot :notworthy: .What a champion.I wish some NZ cricketers would take a page out of his book and play thru minor injuries (not that his was a minor injury).

My beloved Bulls were AWESOME! Yer right about the 'Saders. Just not the same without the phenomenal Mr Richie McCaw.
Mr Wandering, I anticipate ANNIHILATION for whining Ponting and his crowd of over-inflated wankers.

Yep lets hope Smith,Duminy (what a find),Kallis (legend) and Mr Scary aka Dale Steyn rip the Ockers a new one.

Yes, I want the Aussies to get a bloody good spanking. Go saffers!

As for Super 14, if the NZ teams stink up the competition, does that mean we’ll win the next World Cup?

[quote=“almas john”]

As for Super 14, if the NZ teams stink up the competition, does that mean we’ll win the next World Cup?[/quote]
Man! What is it with you Kiwis? You’ve had the greatest team on earth for the last 15 years and you consistently choke. BMT! I support NZ against any team in the world (especially the Aussies and Poms), except SA. Despite what someone (an Aussie) on a previous thread said, I still maintain that NZ and SA are the only two countries that never whine about referees and over-exuberant play. I shall repeat myself: When Johan Roux bit half of Sean Fitzpatricks ear off during a match, the stalwart NZ skipper told the media: " Rugby’s a hard game."

Ha!My old man used to farkin rant and rave every time the ABs were being cheated by ‘blind’ SA refs in the republic.That goes back decades.The NZ media and public went over the top with their bleating about how a certain young Pommie ref,who shall remain nameless,cost the ABs that quarterfinal in Cardiff.In NZ the idea of just copping bad decisions ‘on the chin’ are long gone.The Ozzies have it right.When they lose at anything it doesnt get reported in the media and they name one of their own players MVP.

Not true, Mr Wandering. I NEVER see a NZ captain whining about bad decisions on the TV. Same with SA captains. They are always gracious in defeat and compliment the opponents. Have you ever seen that grotesque little troll Ricky Ponting say anything positive about the other team? Just whines about his own team’s under-performance. The NZ and SA captains are always gracious. Not confusing cricket and rugby here, but it applies in all facets to the Aussies and Poms.

Yes, I want the Aussies to get a bloody good spanking. Go saffers!

As for Super 14, if the NZ teams stink up the competition, does that mean we’ll win the next World Cup?[/quote]

Well, in 2007 the Bulls and Sharks played each other in the Super 14 final: Bulls won. The Boks were average in the 2007 Tri-Nations, and then went on to win the World Cup…

Mr Bismarck, your encyclopedic knowledge of rugby humbles me. :notworthy:

Come to think of it, in 1994 Transvaal won the Super 10 and the core of that squad formed the Bok team that won the 95 World Cup…

Edit: I’ll post on this weekend’s S14 games in a bit. Haven’t watched the Brumbies vs Crusaders game yet, so busy doing that now…

:blush: Thanks for the compliment…but I wish I had an “encyclopedic” knowledge of the chinese language instead…

Big scoring game at Springbok Park (Currie Cup)
Gavin Johnson, Japie Mulder, Hennie Le Roux, Christiaan Scholtz, Pieter Hendriks, Johan Roux, Rudolph Strauli, Francois Pienaar, Hannes Strydom, Kobus Wiese, Balie Swart, James Dalton, Chris Rousseau. Coach: Kitch Christie. (RWC '95 reps).
Man, what a team!

[quote=“bismarck”]

:blush: Thanks for the compliment…but I wish I had an “encyclopedic” knowledge of the Chinese language instead…[/quote]
Good God, man! Rugby’s far more important that Chinese!

Not true, Mr Wandering. I NEVER see a NZ captain whining about bad decisions on the TV. Same with SA captains. They are always gracious in defeat and compliment the opponents. Have you ever seen that grotesque little troll Ricky Ponting say anything positive about the other team? Just whines about his own team’s under-performance. The NZ and SA captains are always gracious. Not confusing cricket and rugby here, but it applies in all facets to the Aussies and Poms.[/quote]
True.I thought you were talking about the NZ rugby folk in general.NZ and SA captains and coaches tend to be a bit better at accepting defeat graciously than some other nations.As Richie ‘soon to retire’ Benaud says"Don’t get bitter, get better".Or was that THE 12TH MAN?

Big scoring game at Springbok Park (Currie Cup)
Gavin Johnson, Japie Mulder, Hennie Le Roux, Christiaan Scholtz, Pieter Hendriks, Johan Roux, Rudolph Strauli, Francois Pienaar, Hannes Strydom, Kobus Wiese, Balie Swart, James Dalton, Chris Rousseau. Coach: Kitch Christie. (RWC '95 reps).
Man, what a team![/quote]

Ja, that was a great team. The Transvaal side and the Bok team, both captained by Pienaar and coached by Kitch.

btw - Did you see Francios Pienaar sitting with Morgan Freeman watching the Stormers vs Reds match!! Awesome!! Freeman’s also a rugby fan (just a pity he was subjected to the likes of the Stormers! Would’ve been better had Francois taken him to the Bulls game!!!).

Heh. I’ve got a soft spot for Mr Richie Benaud. :slight_smile:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“jimipresley”]

btw - Did you see Francios Pienaar sitting with Morgan Freeman watching the Stormers vs Reds match!! Awesome!! Freeman’s also a rugby fan (just a pity he was subjected to the likes of the Stormers! Would’ve been better had Francois taken him to the Bulls game!!!).[/quote][/quote]
Arggh! Whenever I visit my family in Cape Town I am subjected to abuse by my father and brother-in-law who foist their complimentary box tickets for Super 14 games on me. Don’t get me wrong, Newlands is a grand place, and I dearly love the free snacks and liquor, but watching the Stormers prance around like girlies makes me sick. Poor Mr Freeman.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“jimipresley”]

btw - Did you see Francios Pienaar sitting with Morgan Freeman watching the Stormers vs Reds match!! Awesome!! Freeman’s also a rugby fan (just a pity he was subjected to the likes of the Stormers! Would’ve been better had Francois taken him to the Bulls game!!!).[/quote][/quote]
Arggh! Whenever I visit my family in Cape Town I am subjected to abuse by my father and brother-in-law who foist their complimentary box tickets for Super 14 games on me. Don’t get me wrong, Newlands is a grand place, and I dearly love the free snacks and liquor, but watching the Stormers prance around like girlies makes me sick. Poor Mr Freeman.[/quote]
:roflmao:

I cant beleive that they are trying to replace the great Richie,Tony and cheerleader Bill Lawry with Taylor,Slater and Gilchrist.

What a miserable bunch of illiterates. :doh: