Super Bowl XLVII - Let the playoffs begin!

Alrighty NFL fans. The regular season of the NFL concluded this past Sunday and the final twelve teams to make the playoffs are getting ready to make their runs for Super Bowl XLVII! The Wild Card Round of the playoffs begin this coming Saturday and Sunday 1/5 and 1/6.

Here are the final six AFC teams and NFC teams who will be battling it out to see who gets to hoist the Lombardi trophy and be crowned the Super Bowl XLVII champions!

Super Bowl XLVII Playoff Grid

Wild Card Playoffs Pool Picksheet

Can you out pick your buddies all the way to the Super Bowl?

Venue owners…I’m talking to you now. Please let us know which of you are going to air the playoff games as well as the Super Bowl and all the necessary details so we may patronize your businesses and come together and root for our favorite teams!

In years past, the following venues listed below have aired and also re-aired NFL playoff games and also the Super Bowl. However, at this time only The Brass Monkey and Patio 84 have advertised the NFL playoffs on their websites. You other lazy venue owners better get your shit together or we’re not coming to your places!

Website----->

The Brass Monkey

Website----->

Patio 84

Website----->

Carnegie’s

Website----->

The Tavern

Website----->

Capone’s

Website----->

Taipei American Club

Website----->

Hooters

Add BOUNCE Sports Cafe & Lounge to that list, same owner as Patio84 in TianMu. All playoff games replayed in the evening. Super Bowl is broadcast live! Same for both bars.

[color=#FF8000]Bounce Sports Cafe and Lounge[/color]

1F, No.434 Ren’ai Road Section4
Exit 3 SYS Memorial Hall MRT Station
Walk south on Guangfu South Rd. cross Ren’ai Rd.
Turn left , walk 20meters and we’re on the right side.
(02)27223230
FB search: Bounce cafe Taipei

SF and Denver

Add Touchdown Sports Pub showing live games during the playoffs.

Location is convenient in Taipei near Taipower Bldg MRT Station between NTU and Shi-Da on Xin Hai Road Section 1, 辛亥路一段29號, Taipei, Taiwan. They have a facebook page at facebook.com/BarTouchdown.

My money is on Atlanta winning the big game this year. This weekend, both IND/BAL and especially SEA/WAS will be very intriguing games to watch. Can’t wait.

How much money are we talking about?

Washington is on a roll. Defense much better last 8 games. I like a Denver-Washington SB. Looks attractive at about 25/1. Long road but nothing looks insurmountable.

I’m not sure WAS has enough steam to make it to the SB, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them beat SEA this weekend. The Seahawks are on a nice little roll themselves but I think they’re being over-hyped somewhat.

How much money are we talking about?[/quote]
Figure of speech.

[color=#FF0000]And then there were eight![/color]

Should be some good games. When I saw RG3 slip on that second drive I knew I was shot.

RG-3 injury hurt just to watch. Total re-construction of the knee as I heard it today. Says he will be back for the start of next season but at what speed? Should be interesting to see whether RGIII, R. Wilson and Kaepernick (?) can repeat their magic next year after the league has a chance to digest their talent and design defensive strategies accordingly.

This week…
Denver beats Baltimore. Manning versus Flacco? Not even Ray Lewis can even out that mis-match.
San Francisco beat GB. Should be close. SF at home. GB defense seems shaky to me.
Seattle beats Atlanta. Going out on a limb here. Atlanta has been strong at home but their playoff history is weak.
New England beats Houston. Not a blowout like last time but NE is at home with two weeks to prepare.

[quote=“Timabee”]
This week…
Denver beats Baltimore. Manning versus Flacco? Not even Ray Lewis can even out that mis-match.
San Francisco beat GB. Should be close. SF at home. GB defense seems shaky to me.
Seattle beats Atlanta. Going out on a limb here. Atlanta has been strong at home but their playoff history is weak.
New England beats Houston. Not a blowout like last time but NE is at home with two weeks to prepare.[/quote]

Alright, I’ll play too.

DEN beats BAL, but it will be a lot closer than people think. The Ravens D is fired up with R.Lewis back.
GB over SF. I think this one will be close too, but the Packers still possess one of the league’s best offensive attacks. I think they get it done.
ATL wins vs. SEA. The Falcons have been patiently watching and waiting. Seattle’s offense looked horrible for half the game against WAS. ATL’s D is better than the Redskins.
HOU gets by NE. Gut feeling, call it a hunch. I see the Texans shocking the Patriots and stifling their offense in a tight game.

Looking forward to the weekend games. I really wish the NFL would do away with the 2 week break between the Conf Finals and the Super Bowl. Kills all the momentum. 1 week ought to be enough for all the festivities and lead-up to the big game. :2cents:

Den over Bal
SF over GB
NE over Hou
upset pick: SEA over ATL

MY BOLD PREDICTIONS

Denver beats down Baltimore. Badly. Not even close!

New England crushes Houston. Badly. Not even close!

Green Bay edges San Francisco in an exciting down to the last seconds shoot out field goal win.

Seattle beats the “undefeatable at home” Atlanta in a hard fought very close battle right to the end with a last second field goal win.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]
MY BOLD PREDICTIONS

[strike][color=#FF0000]Denver beats down Baltimore. Badly. Not even close![/color][/strike]

New England crushes Houston. Badly. Not even close!

[strike][color=#FF0000]Green Bay edges San Francisco in an exciting down to the last seconds shoot out field goal win.[/color][/strike]

Seattle beats the “undefeatable at home” Atlanta in a hard fought very close battle right to the end with a last second field goal win.[/quote]

Wow! I was way off on my Saturday Divisional picks! :blush: Great games, however!

Hopefully my Sunday picks come to fruition…and not sour grapes!

Kaepernick something else eh?

180+ yards rushing against the Pack, at better than 11yds a pop, and in no sashay of his did he take more contact from another human than a yeti in the Himalayas.

Hats off to him, even though he looks a little like a really fast giraffe when he kicks it into gear.

And I don’t think Peyton does well in cold weather (it was around -12C in Denver yesterday). Like all good Southerners, he’s more of a warm weather man.

I don’t think anyone saw Baltimore beating Denver. Maybe it is time to give J. Flacco a little credit. Absolutely boneheaded defense by Denver on that last play. But give the Ravens credit, they made the plays when needed.

San Francisco is Super Bowl bound. The 45-31 final is very misleading - the game was a blow-out. Tough defense. Improved offense (versus last year). Very focused after coming so close last year. Kaepernick is a real problem for any defense - big, accurate and fast.

Atlanta pulls one out their ass (and nearly hands it back with that lame squib kick). Doesn’t matter. Neither Seattle or Atlanta would beat SF right now. Might not even be close. Atlanta has had problems with mobile QB’s and K-Nick is close to running on all cylinders.

NE is just better than Houston.

Next Week:
SF rolls ATL
NE beats BALT (This might be a REALLY good game if Flacco can replicate his performance from this week)