Super Bowl XXXIX Predictions

That’s just really tragic isn’t it.

I’m British, but I’m still into it. It’s not as good as REAL football though :laughing:

I’ll go with

Patriots to beat the Steelers.

Falcons to beat the Eagles.

Then Falcons to beat the Patriots 31-28

Tigerman,

Since I am a New England boy and life-long Pats fan and you are obviously a Pittsburgh guy, how about a little wager for the Pats/Steelers game this weekend? Drink of choice at the next happy hour? :beer:

I don’t know about you, but I feel a cold coming on that will likely keep me at home on Monday morning while the game is shown live in Taiwan. Cough, cough, hack, hack . . .

smerf

[quote=“smerf”]Tigerman,

Since I am a New England boy and life-long Pats fan and you are obviously a Pittsburgh guy, how about a little wager for the Pats/Steelers game this weekend? Drink of choice at the next happy hour? :beer:[/quote]

Life-long Pats fan??? I thought you guys were all bandwagon fans, what with the Pats history (or lack thereof :wink: )… Anyway, you guys are all baseball fans, no? Football… that’s a Pittsburgh sport.

You’re on!

I’ll be at home watching… but I really do have a cold.

Can’t wait.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
Life-long Pats fan??? I thought you guys were all bandwagon fans, what with the Pats history (or lack thereof :wink: )… Anyway, you guys are all baseball fans, no? [/quote]

Well, recent history has been very kind to NE sports fans, Pats 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls (one year through a steel town in PA :wink: ), and I believe that there is a baseball team in Boston that was down 3-0 in the best of 7 American League Championship and stormed back to win the next 4 games - first time in baseball history. Yes, I do recall that happened this past year. Hmmmm, which team lost that series? :ponder:

Oh, I remember!! It was the YANKEES!!!

Sorry, I use any chance I can to say that.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

That’s what the Patsies are gonna see in the stands on Sunday! Terrible Towels waving everywhere!

Falcons all the way. And here’s why…Michael Vick is a cyborg. If the Falcons don’t go all the way then it’s just because they don’t want it to be too obvious that he’s a machine. But I think it’s already obvious. He’s the best athlete on the planet.

Who else is absolutely psyched about the two games this weekend? Pats-Steelers, Eagles-Steelers; Brady-Big Ben, Vick-McNabb. More importantly, six inches of snow forecast for both Pittsburgh and Philly.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s … id=1972021

All you Commonwealth types can rag on American football all you want, but the basic fact remains that I won’t passionately love rugby until I see a critical playoff game in several inches of snow and below zero wind chill.

Are the games going to broadcast on ESPN here? Are you guys going
to stay up thru the night to watch them. Just checking NFL.com, it looks like the games start at 4AM and 7:30AM here.

[quote=“panda”]Are the games going to broadcast on ESPN here? Are you guys going
to stay up through the night to watch them. Just checking NFL.com, it looks like the games start at 4AM and 7:30AM here.[/quote]

The Steeler game will be broadcast live on ESPN here in Taiwan and then rebroadcast at 20:30. I don’t think the Philly game will be shown.

[quote=“alidarbac”]Who else is absolutely psyched about the two games this weekend? Pats-Steelers, Eagles-Steelers; Brady-Big Ben, Vick-McNabb. More importantly, six inches of snow forecast for both Pittsburgh and Philly.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s … id=1972021

All you Commonwealth types can rag on American football all you want, but the basic fact remains that I won’t passionately love rugby until I see a critical playoff game in several inches of snow and below zero wind chill.[/quote]

I’m going out of my mind with anticipation! Great article! Great!

As an aside… Pennsylvania is one of only a few commonwealths in the USA. We (Pennsylvania) are not a “state”.

Being from the Boston area, of course I’m rooting for the Pats. I’m not like, say, most Americans who live in the SW who root for teams because their uniforms have nice colors or whatever. Nonethless, from a completely utilitarian philosopher’s point of view, I’ve almost got to pull for the Iggles. Philly fans are hard-core and they need SOMETHING.

The Stillers haven’t had a change in uniform for YEARS. Screw Philly. Pittsburgh needs one for the thumb!

Steelers are like the Buffalo Bills of the 90s… but not as good :stuck_out_tongue:

After this weekend’s playoffs, the only way the Patriots will lose is if … nothing, they won’t.

T minus 3 days until Super Sunday or rather Super Monday, which means it is time for us to start playing the movie in our minds. Yes that’s right people, if you believe you shall suceed. See Tom Brady getting squished into roadkill…see Donovan McNabb rolling out of the pocket and into the end zone. People do it over and over and over again. Play the movie in your mind. I don’t care how many miles of film Belichick has programmed in his head, forget about it, the Patriots will lose. Visualization people. VISUALIZATION!

Where’s the best place to catch the game? My parents are coming on Saturday night and I know my dad will want to check it out.

I’d love to see the Eagles take the Pats to task but I don’t think it will happen :frowning:

Being from New Hampshire, I am definately a Pats fan. I hope this one doesn’t come down to a last second field goal like the two Super Bowl victories in our pocket.

Having said that, the Pats will win 31-21. Randall will throw two INTs and the Pats will recover an additional fumble. The Pats defense gets up for big games like this and Brady rarely makes a mistake when a title is on the line. He is 10-0 in post-season games (including two Bowl games at Michigan.) With a big game on the line, I want Brady taking the snaps.

GO PATS!!!

I’m picking the Cardinals in six. The Bruins have to worry about the curse.

The Bruins just have to worry if they will ever hit the ice again, but now that you mention it, the Bs are now the longest suffering franchise in Boston, though nothing on the level of the BoSox.

I thought this was the superbowl thread, not the ice hockey wannabe thread. The NHL 2005/06 season looks like being cancelled as well.

Anyway I just hope the 39th SB is an exciting game.

I’ll be watching it on fox sports