Super Size Me

This looked interesting. It’s a documentary about the American fast food culture, where the lead must eat nothing but McDonalds for one month, must have everything on the menu at least once, and supersize whenever he is asked. A friend from back home sent the link to me. Since it’s more of an independent film, it probably won’t ever make it to Taiwan. Anyone seen it and have any comments?

http://www.supersizeme.com

Some of the stats on the site are pretty eye-opening too. :astonished:

http://www.supersizeme.com/home.aspx?page=bythelb

No, but I love the sounds of it! Looks very interesting indeed. Watched the trailer - the funniest review was by Rolling Stone - “I’m lovin’ it” :laughing: Clowns scary.

Minor correction - according to the site, he could only supersize if asked.

Big Mac, anyone?

Is this movie coming to Taiwan? I want to see it!

FYI, it’s a documentary in which the director eats 3 meals at McDonalds every day for a month. (Gee, I wonder what happens?)

OOPS–sorry, there;s already a thread on this. My bad.

Bleh. 3 times a day?! :fatchance: :astonished: That is one brave person. :slight_smile:

[quote=“SteveZeAuthor”]

Bleh. 3 times a day?! :fatchance: :astonished: That is one brave person. :slight_smile:[/quote]

And, every day for a month. And, he can’t eat anything else. :astonished:

Yuk! But of course in the aftermath, someone else is proposing to eat McDonalds everyday and lose weight!

http://www.cei.org/pages/debunk/debunk_the_junk.cfm

To echo SJ…

…does anyone know if this is in fact coming to Taiwan?!

i don’t see it coming to taiwan very soon since it’s not even that big in the us yet. but anyway, of course the guy, morgan spurlock gains tons of weight and his health deteriorates.

did you hear, mcdonalds is getting rid of the “super size” option (they said so in march (before the film)).

Finally saw it this past Sunday. Pretty interesting, although at times, when you watch Mr. Spurlock doing that to himeself, it can make one feel uneasy. Many people probably won’t eat McDs or other fast food for some time after watching this.

I want to see it, pretty much entirely based on one “review”:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2228

can’t see it coming to taiwan, so the only option is to download it from p2p.
However it is not on any of the p2p networks just yet. Hopefully someone will have a cam corder on the go pretty soon…

The same will be the case for Metallica - some kind of Monster. Which looks interesting even if you are not a metallica fan. I was until 1990… Watching the trailor and seeing them argue while in therapy is great… It won’t be released in taiwan though (like many flims I want to see)

OK, I’m halfway through this movie right now…

You know what blows my mind?

Jesus Christ McDonald’s servings in America are mindblowingly huge. I mean goddamned GIGANTIC. Shit, even the burgers look roughly twice the size of the ones in NZ… No wonder people are getting fat off that shit…

[quote=“Tetsuo”]OK, I’m halfway through this movie right now…

You know what blows my mind?

Jesus Christ McDonald’s servings in America are mindblowingly huge. I mean goddamned GIGANTIC. Shit, even the burgers look roughly twice the size of the ones in NZ… No wonder people are getting fat off that shit…[/quote]
Why does this blow your mind? Everything in America is twice as big… :wink:

Only twice as big as New Zealand. Shit, America is small. The guy who made this has a girlfriend who is a health nutritionist.

Saw the movie at home- its a must see
frightening Frightening Frightening - that’s all I have to say…

I heard from someone that it is coming here - and as for the comment that its not big in the States - It seemed that all the media in North America were talking about this movie and F - 911…

It maybe telling us what we already know but I’m sure you know there’s people dying in Iraq everyday but it would make an entirely different impression if you were wading through the bodies.

Its a very eye-opening movie

currently downloading it on a p2p so its out there. I am not waiting around for a film that may never show here…

Read Fast Food Nation. You won’t want to go near the junk they and all fast food places churn out.

Haven’t eaten that crap in 8 years…

Super Size Me is coming to Taiwan, but don’t blink or you could miss it…

YES! I plan to see it, and then go to McDonalds afterwards!

[quote] Saw the movie at home- its a must see
frightening Frightening Frightening - that’s all I have to say…
I heard from someone that it is coming here - and as for the comment that its not big in the States - It seemed that all the media in North America were talking about this movie and F - 911…
It maybe telling us what we already know but I’m sure you know there’s people dying in Iraq everyday but it would make an entirely different impression if you were wading through the bodies.
Its a very eye-opening movie [/quote]

I just don’t get it – why is everyone acting like this is some earth-shattering newsbreak? Any idiot with a sixth-grade education can tell you that eating junk food is bad for you (duh, why do you think it’s called ‘junk food’? :blush: ).

After an extensive search of news sites (Google), major publications - New York Times, Washington Post, Guardian, etc, three newswire services, I have came to the conclusion that your assertion that “all the media in North America were talking about this movie” is extremely exaggerated :noway:
As for the impact this movie is having on America, sure McD stopped supersizing but do you really think most Americans are going to pay to go see a documentary???

I won’t be paying to be educated about the dangers of my poor diet. I’ll be paying to see evil, disgusting, funny stuff.

Michael Moore’s documentaries did quite well, as you must have noticed. The Onion reported that his reaction to the success of “Supersize Me” was to regret not having had the presence of mind to film his last 600 trips to McDonalds.