Superbru: Forumosa Football and Rugby Club

Ok, few hours to go, balls on the tabel…

Here my predictions for today:

Southafrica - Mexico 0:1
Usually the hosts do well in the opening games, still I think it’s not enought this time. It will be a tight match and of course lot’s of support for bafana bafana but that’s also preassure you need to handle…

Uruguay - The Cheaters (oh, sorry, France… ;p ) 2:1
If hands are not allowed, I go with the increadible firepower of the Uru’s attack.

Trash it, bash it, show your own preditcions… ;p

SA 1, Mexico 1
Fra Uruguay is a tough one to call, so I’ll go for a another tight draw.

SA 2 Mexico 1

Uruguay 1 France 1

SA 1 Mex 2
Uruguay 2 France 1

[quote=“Dougster”]SA 1, Mexico 1
[/quote]
:notworthy:

Wow, the SA goal has to be one of the best goals ever in an opening game, and what a celebration.

I don’t want to infringe on the lads doing the Fantasy League thing so I’ve started a thread for the June Internationals and the FIFA WC on Superbru.

FIFA FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2010 ROUND ONE ROUND-UP
Forumosa Football Club results after round 1:

Jimipresley races to number one spot on the log and clinches the coveted Yellow Cap. I’m wallowing at 7th on the log… :blush:

FIFA FWC Results for Round 1:

South Africa did well to draw with Mexico and Australia’s man shaming at the hands of Deutschland was pretty much expected. I think the Poms can’t be too happy with the English performance against the USA, although Americans in SA are probably still drunk and recovering from the game. Much like half of South Africa after the opening game! Not much to say about the France vs Uruguay borefest, but the Argies did me proud as did Ghana (pity I didn’t pick them to win).

JUNE RUGBY INTERNATIONALS ROUND TWO ROUND-UP
Forumosa Rugby Club results after round 2:

Matchstick snatches the Yellow Cap from round one winner Kiki (my wife), moving into third on the log. Kiki gives up poll position to Lyndfield. Seems our low performers during the Super 14 are out for revenge in June and even here I’m in lowly 7th despite an 83.3% accuracy (only had the Argentina game wrong). The winners seem easy enough to pick, but the margins are proving our undoing or reasons for success in terms of the top 3.

June Internationals results of rounds 1 and 2:

Australia man shamed Fiji and South Africa edged out a plucky Welsh side in round 1. This weekend the All Blacks annihilated Ireland and made northern hemisphere rugby look like so much flotsam. IMO Australia were unlucky not to devastate England more with their young talented team, and England got off lightly with two penalty tries I don’t think they deserved (can we all say “Northern Hemisphere ref!”).
South Africa’s Springboks (World and Tri-Nations Champions) gave the French (Six Nations Champions) a lesson in rugby. Between the three Southern Giants we systematically mauled and man shamed the North once again.
The stand out surprise was Scotland’s shock win over a lack lustre Argentina side, that despite two tries just didn’t seem like they wanted to play on the day. Well done, Scotland.

Keep up the good picks, lads. These two comps are making for some exciting results in our two pools!

[color=#FF0000]Mod Note: Merged these two threads.[/color]

Brazil game just started. I have Brazil 3 - 0 North Korea

I’m almost too ashamed to post this. But after four rounds, here’s the Forumosa Football Club FIFA World Cup log…

Well done to Whitetiger for winning the coveted Yellow Cap and to Elf for maintaining his number one ranking.
I have, sadly plummeted to 10th with a 26.92% accuracy (my worst ever on Superbru, never having had less than 66% before).Damn, that means I’ve only had about one in four correct. :blush:
I’m confident I’ll be able to improve on that in Round five! I’ve picked Paraguay, Italy and Brazil to win today’s games. Going on the last four rounds, that probably means Slovakia, NZ and the Ivory Coast will either eek out draws or cause an upset! :fume:

Maybe you should move to Dubai. :wink:

Nah…I’m just playing possum and giving other people a chance to win for a change. I’m unselfish and a loyal friend that way. My granny taught me well. :smiley:

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Not much going on in this thread, but I have to post the results of Round five, because they were awesome!!

Forumosa Football Club log after Round Five:

The Top 3 are still pretty much solid, but look who made a turn around in round five! I got the Yellow Cap!!! Woo Hoo!!! Still wallowing at ninth, but 3 to 10 is still pretty closely packed and anything can happen in round six!

But the story of the round is Mr. Matchstick Man!!!

Wow!! :bravo: :notworthy: Awesome prediction!

Strange that the results for round six haven’t been posted yet. I wonder why? :ponder:

Because I take the time to post, but no one takes the time to read or post anything…

But it’s been updated now, so if you or anyone else really wants me to continue to update I’ll do so after this round.

For the record, jimipresley won the Yellow cap for round six and moved into first position. :bravo:

Edit: It was a damn fine round of predictions by everyone, but jp really did do extremely well in round six. :notworthy:

The June Internationals are over and the results are in.

Well done to Lyndfield for winning the pool competition on Superbru! :bravo: An awesome win in a very tightly contested competition, edging out perennial winner/top 3 finisher Elf1nDrak3.
Congrats to the Elf for ending second and winning the last Yellow Cap. :thumbsup:

Overall, the Springboks and the All Blacks flew the flag for the south with the Wallabies shaming the Tri-Nations by losing to the Poms. Booooooo!
Argie failed miserably against Scotland twice, but made up for it by romping all over Six Nations champs, France. :thumbsup:

FIFA Football World Cup 2010 - Last 16

The top three battle is heating up. Elf remains entrenched at the top with jimipresley being the pretender to the crown. He, however, is being pursued by a Forumosan (more of a lurker, as he’s very inactive on the forums) who has been living in the Dubai desert for a year or more, RhinoHorn. The other desert invaders aren’t fairing well, other than shaming our lads Whitetiger and Taipeirunner (who seems to have done a runner, as he hasn’t been making picks lately).
I’m still wallowing in the middle, although I’ve made up some ground against fellow beer lover, Almas John. Matchstick and his “mad” 7- 0 picks somehow still remains out of my grasp.

I don’t expect to do well in the QF round as I’m going with my heart in this round (although that may just be an improvement on my piss poor performance thus far!)…

:discodance: The RhinoHorn from the desert has infiltrated all you infidels! Muhahaha.
I do thank you all for allowing me and my desert rats to take part in this pool. Never thought that I’d get this far. Bismarc, you rock.

Now, jimipresley, be so kind to move down to the 3rd spot. Please. :slight_smile: I honestly doubt that I’ll be able to catch Elf over there, unless we could hack his computer and change his picks.

Go well guys… from a heated 48°C desert. (I’ll never say Taiwan is too hot again)

[quote=“piesay”]:discodance: The RhinoHorn from the desert has infiltrated all you infidels! Muhahaha.
I do thank you all for allowing me and my desert rats to take part in this pool. Never thought that I’d get this far. Bismarck, you rock.

Now, jimipresley, be so kind to move down to the 3rd spot. Please. :slight_smile: I honestly doubt that I’ll be able to catch Elf over there, unless we could hack his computer and change his picks.

Go well guys… from a heated 48°C desert. (I’ll never say Taiwan is too hot again)[/quote]
Glad to have you, Piesay!

Here is the Forumosa Football Club Leadrboard after the Quarter-Final round:

Given the right picks the game is still wide open from No.1 to possibly No.10. But at this stage, Elf is still entrenched at the top, hotly pursued by jimi, who’s equally furiously being chased by RhinoHorn and Matchstick. The Yellow Cap for the round goes to one of Piesay’s Desert Rats, Lizzyza (at least she’s a Saffa!). :bravo:

Good luck in the Semi-final round, everyone!

Jeepers! She got 3 out of 4 spot-on! And she nearly got the Germany game right, too! RESPECT! :notworthy:

Well, the dust has finally settled, tempers have calmed down (mine… :blush: ), and Superbru have settled all the scoring (and cheated me out of my default point in the 3rd place play-off :raspberry: ). So here’s the final log for the Forumosa Football Club (and the Desert Rat Usurper Clan).

Congrats to Elf for winning the competition (again!), and a special mention to Almas John and jimipresley who were well up there the entire tournament. :bravo: Almas John also gets the final Yellow Cap. :bravo:
Also, congrats to Matchstick for making some awesome out there predictions (Portugal 7 - 0 NK) :astonished: !
Not sure what happened to Taipeirunner (Teggs) halfway through the competition???

Thanks for playing, guys. It made what would otherwise have been a dull affair into something quite interesting. :bravo: :notworthy: